i am new to jacksons need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
    Comparing a DKMG and Model 1 is . . . well, maybe not apples to oranges, but they don't have a whole lot in common. "Polished turd" seems a bit harsh if the guitar is in the stated condition and he likes the features.

If a guitar is available locally for a little more money than a similiar one online, I generally stay local, if for no other reason than it means being able to check out the condition up front versus hoping for the best from UPS/FedEx/USPS and potentially not liking what I end up with. Is that worth an extra $100? Maybe not, but once you figure in shipping, if the difference comes down to $50, holding out for a sweeter deal online may end up being a hassle.

(I'm not saying BUY IT NOW, but consider more than just price.)
    i just wanna saw u made an awesome point. i didnt buy the guitar i bought a ltd v 350 its sweet as hell ill post pics like next week

Comment

Comparing a DKMG and Model 1 is . . . well, maybe not apples to oranges, but they don't have a whole lot in common. "Polished turd" seems a bit harsh if the guitar is in the stated condition and he likes the features.
      Good point, I just call them as I see 'em

If a guitar is available locally for a little more money than a similiar one online, I generally stay local, if for no other reason than it means being able to check out the condition up front versus hoping for the best from UPS/FedEx/USPS and potentially not liking what I end up with. Is that worth an extra $100? Maybe not, but once you figure in shipping, if the difference comes down to $50, holding out for a sweeter deal online may end up being a hassle.
      Again a good point, I've paid more for things myself just to buy them locally and put my hands on them first.

With that said, considering the guitar in question its not just a matter of paying a little more for a guitar with some defects. Say he pays the extra $100 for the luxury of being able try before buying and get it locally. The trem is still useless, which is going to cost even more money to repair. The way I see it is that he's going to be at least $500 deep on a guitar that's only worth $300 to $350 with a HSC and a fully functional trem.

-Steve

EDIT:

Originally posted by bucketbrian45

i just wanna saw u made an awesome point. i didnt buy the guitar i bought a ltd v 350 its sweet as hell ill post pics like next week
      And he goes and buys an ESP anyway..... Wow, that's just classic...
      Last edited by UFORocks; 09-17-2008, 10:05 PM.
      Guitars:
      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
      Amp:
      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
        Sinner!

Just kiddin'...

Not really.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

hey u guys cant blame me the guitar was 275 with a hard case and it reminded me of an old king v i used to have that i regret selling.

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
            Good point, I just call them as I see 'em

Again a good point, I've paid more for things myself just to buy them locally and put my hands on them first.

With that said, considering the guitar in question its not just a matter of paying a little more for a guitar with some defects. Say he pays the extra $100 for the luxury of being able try before buying and get it locally. The trem is still useless, which is going to cost even more money to repair. The way I see it is that he's going to be at least $500 deep on a guitar that's only worth $300 to $350 with a HSC and a fully functional trem.

-Steve

EDIT:

And he goes and buys an ESP anyway..... Wow, that's just classic...
            as for the parts my friend who has a dinky he doesnt use was gonna give them to me.

Comment

Working...
            X