what kind of pro has a rough finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of pro has a rough finish?

dinky body-shark fins 24 frets two dd pickups humbuckers,was said to be black with wood grainy finish with green in the wood grain,jackson on the lic under floyd bridge,has 6s in the serial number,i personally have not seen it,its about fifty miles away 240.00,but was said to have a rough factory finish?never heard of this have any of you?this is a professional sers. black hardware,sound mij but i thought 9s serials for mijs o has rev headstock.anyone know this guitar sers?
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Should be a DR3 Dinky Reverse:

That finish is the "Graphite" flat finish over ash and was available on the DR2, DR3, DR5, and Stealth TH models. Of those, only the DR3 would have had sharkfin inlays. I have three guitars with that finish/wood combination.
    sigpic

Comment

so it would be worth 240+gas?and thanks for the quick response.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
        so it would be worth 240+gas?
        Absolutely! Ash body + thin finish = tone machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
          Absolutely! Ash body + thin finish = tone machine.
          Absolutely! It's got a really tight bass response too, so with the right pickup, ash is hard to beat. For precise palm muting, a Full Shred in the bridge works really slick. For more balls, the Invader is good.
          sigpic

Comment

once again thanks for your imput,i know very little of the stuff after 93ish,thanks. thanks guys got it man that120 mile drive with my five kids even made those dd"s sound good,just kidding thank for pointing me in the way to go seems like a solid guitar pickups suck but thats nothing some ebaying an sodering wont change,thanks again peace.john
            Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-16-2008, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X