New "Rob Cavestany Signature Jackson"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "Rob Cavestany Signature Jackson"

The new Guitar Player magazine has an interview with Rob Cavestany and he talks about his "New Jackson signature models". They have a non-recessed Floyd and a "Butt Plug" which it describes as a solid metal bar installed under the trem to balance the guitar and improve sustain. In the interview, Rob states that Grover himself designed it.

Has anyone seen a picture of one of these.

Who?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

It's the Death Angel. Read this back in June. Here he is playing it and talking about it.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This is awesome! I'm a huge Death Angel fan, been jammin to them since High School.
        That butt plug sounds pretty cool, well, I guess it does.....
        It does sound like a nice upgrade to help deter the loss of sustain of a Floyd guitar compared to a string thru or a stop bar guitar.
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

As fast as that guy is playing sustain shouldn't be an issue!

Comment

I am a Death Angel fan too. I have been since there first album. That's why it peaked my interest.

Comment

"I'm bored......" Sorry, I couldn't help it. I used to and still do listen to "Frolic Through The Park." Props to Death Angel, my brown peeps.
              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
                "I'm bored......" Sorry, I couldn't help it. I used to and still do listen to "Frolic Through The Park." Props to Death Angel, my brown peeps.
                LOL Possible relatives?

I'm "falling asleep" for what's like a "seemingly endless time". Okay, I'll "stop" now. I still listen to the Act III album.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  LOL Possible relatives?

I'm "falling asleep" for what's like a "seemingly endless time". Okay, I'll "stop" now. I still listen to the Act III album.
                  Possible relatives? Looks wise, yeah, could very well be, Joe.
                  "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I remember awhile ago you said you were Filipino, Mike. Maybe you should check into it. I mean, how many Filipino guys play Jacksons? Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                      This is awesome! I'm a huge Death Angel fan, been jammin to them since High School.
                      That butt plug sounds pretty cool, well, I guess it does.....
                      It does sound like a nice upgrade to help deter the loss of sustain of a Floyd guitar compared to a string thru or a stop bar guitar.
                      Except that there is no loss of sustain. The amount of wood removed for a Floyd weighs less than the Floyd, ergo, no loss of mass. In fact, you actually get increased mass, thus resulting in more sustain.

But then again, if sustain is an issue in Shred, it's not Shred
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Non-recessed Floyd is a nice feature .

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Except that there is no loss of sustain. The amount of wood removed for a Floyd weighs less than the Floyd, ergo, no loss of mass. In fact, you actually get increased mass, thus resulting in more sustain.

But then again, if sustain is an issue in Shred, it's not Shred
                          I agree totally, it makes sense and it is very logical, but I have heard that the loss of wood is vital to the sustain of the guitar. I heard that the wood in the bridge area of a guitar (contact point) is crucial to tone and sustain.

I'd like to do a "Shoot out" between an example of each bridge combo, ie:
                          Floyd Recessed, Floyd Top Mount, String Thru , Stop Bar , Kahler , Vintage Trem.

Set them all up with the same strings,pickups, action, then measure the length of sustain and note decay.

This is a very subjective topic of discussion, and everyone already has an assumption or opinion, therefore not easily swayed either way.
                          It would be cool to once and for all put this to the test.

I don't have the tools or equipment to perform a test like this, but someday, just for the sake of 'knowing' I will.
                          Last edited by metalchurch79; 09-17-2008, 08:22 AM.
                          'Howling in shadows
                          Living in a lunar spell
                          He finds his heaven

Comment

Also, I'd like to say, that alot of you guys, myself included, probably don't let simple things such as this get in the way of your playing or choice of guitar.

I myself like Recessed Floyds, I just like the angle and feel of them. Some of you may feel the exact opposite and prefer a Top Mount Floyd, or something entirely different such as a String Thru or Kahler.
                            Some may like a mix of each example.

So, if there is one bridge type that sustains better, our choice of bridge might just be the choice of comfort over tone?
                            I know this is topic is subjective, and each and every side of this story all have good arguments for what they like.

But I think it would be awesome to just know which one is superior in the departments of sustain and note decay etc..
                            Last edited by metalchurch79; 09-17-2008, 08:34 AM.
                            'Howling in shadows
                            Living in a lunar spell
                            He finds his heaven

Comment

Given how few of these have been ordered over the years, I doubt this sig model is going to see wide production.

BTW, I wonder if they can get Jenna to demo the "butt plug". I'm a marketing genius!

Comment

Working...
                              X