No announcement yet.

To: FMIC for some ideas for next NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would probably have licensing issues out the ass, with the original artist, the band, the label, etc. (and require pickup covers), but it might be cool to see some famous album cover art recreated. I'd love to see a soloist with Metallica's "Ride the Lightning" or MOP artwork. Or the Ozzy/Randy tribute photo. Or Ratt's "Out of the Cellar" or Dio's "Last in Line" artwork on a Charvel like Viv played back then.

Obviously not for productions models.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Comic book images: Wolverine, Superman, Batman. Those are the three primary characters that sell as graphics. Unfortunately, they've also been played out.
      The Anime thing is nice, but Double-E cups on wafish bodies is too cliche.
      Yeah, leave that crap to ESP :ROTF:

I would also love a production H/S or single humbucker model from either brand. A production XTRR would be neat as well, but at this point I think it would be kind of a niche market. I personally would love to see a Warrior or Warbird in the Pro range (not X or MG)

As for Schecter, I think they can get all that over-blown inlay and hardware crap on their guitars as they are made on Korean assembly lines. Not bad guitars in theory, but imo, the Korean's are not as consistent in their build quality as the Japanese, probably because of the assembly line nature. I have a Fender Tele was that was $700 new and the corner of the 12 fret needed filed as I caught a string under it by chance? Wtf is with that. the nut was also not done the best. If I had paid $700, I would be PISSED. My $600, Japanese Jackson has much better work and the fret ends all look the same. The finishes also just feel a notch above.

If Jackson wanted to go to Korea, I would only support it if they were made like the MIJ, with the "shop" mentality, and not "Alright, can we make 1,000 of these in an hour and put 20 different names on them" thinking, AND put stuff like MOP, ebony boards, and OFRs while keeping the price the same or close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
        7. No more naked chicks on guitars.
        Dear FMIC,

Please ignore that point and do not become gay.

Thank you!
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
          Dear FMIC,

Please ignore that point and do not become gay.

Thank you!

C'mon... you know you want a Manbar KV!

Comment

To FMIC: Bring back the Warrior Pro!
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'd love to see a Rhoads with H/S setup. 24 frets, ebony board, STD sharkfins, binding on the neck and body, Floyd Rose(I love Floyds) and maple neck. That would be a hell of a custom.

Comment

Any interest in neck inlays like on the Schecters, Ibanezes or the Dean Vendettas?

These are all good ideas, good topic for some ideas to materialize.

Comment

USA selects with expensive graphics (skulls etc)) are definitely getting boring and +1 to what Neilli said! Change just one spec or two on what is now the Select series guitar and that is NOT the finish or hardware color for A CS guitar shown at NAMM.

Here's some ideas.
                  Different pickup configurations (H, H/S,...), different bridges (Kahlers, non-recessed OFRs), different number of frets (24 fret RR1 for example and keep rest of the specs same as on regular RR1?), throw some reversed sharkfins or flip-flop sharkfins on some guitars, reversed headstock etc....that is what will make the NAMM guitar more unique and more desirable and still keep the price low.....not like those RR1s with crazy graphics that you see on eBay fro 5,999$ and similar crazy prices.
                  Last edited by Nazgul; 09-19-2008, 12:32 PM.

Comment

+500 for point 3.

More string-through models... come on. String-through KV2, normal scale, normal headstock, white, with binding and white headstock. Go.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                      This would probably have licensing issues out the ass, with the original artist, the band, the label, etc. (and require pickup covers), but it might be cool to see some famous album cover art recreated. I'd love to see a soloist with Metallica's "Ride the Lightning" or MOP artwork. Or the Ozzy/Randy tribute photo. Or Ratt's "Out of the Cellar" or Dio's "Last in Line" artwork on a Charvel like Viv played back then.

Obviously not for productions models.
                      Very good idea.
                      "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
                      Zakk Wylde

Comment

I know the guys at FMIC read this board and I hope they see this thread.

I am giving you guys some free advice that I think would make Jackson super awesome for the next NAMM show.

1. STOP with all the Skulls and Vertigo inducing graphics! Now we have had about 10 years of it and it is too played out. No offence to Mr. Learn or the other great artists but please read my next suggestions for what would be something new and awesome.

2. Do some comic book covers and get Marvel or DC to give you guys permission to do a one off for NAMM. That would be awesome!

3. Keep it simple and do some string thru versions of the regular King V and Kelly or even a warrior with some nice quilted tops with matching headstocks. I like what Dean has done with some of Dave M's Vs for example.

4. How about something totally new and different like a transparent top with hot rod flames painted on top. I actually am having a quote made out for a Charvel with this concept.

I am not talking about see thru natural flames. I am talking about actual painted flames on top of a natual finish.

5. I like alot of ideas that have come from Charvel Namm this summer regarding some of the nice tops put those on some Jacksons.

6. Get permission to do a few copyrighted images like a Budweiser guitar or something else thats cool that is not skull related as a one off Namm piece. I know production guitars would require royalties.

7. No more naked chicks on guitars.

See now thats some 100,000 dollar a year advice I gave to you guys for free and I am availble to take a position in your custom shop any time you want to hire me for design plus research and development. I got some bitchin ideas regarding ergonomics plus body design and more that I aint giving away for free.

So let the flood gates open what sayeth the JCF.

Do you agree or am I totally off my rocker and should I look into some medication?
                        I'm diggin' all of that!

Comment

manbar!
                          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sixx_ gunner View Post
                            Any interest in neck inlays like on the Schecters, Ibanezes or the Dean Vendettas?

These are all good ideas, good topic for some ideas to materialize.
                            When I think of Jackson, I think of sharkfins. I don't think there's a need to move in a different direction as far as shapes. It would be neat to see some big artsy inlay like on the JEM, though.

I'd like to see more archtop models.

As for Schecter, I think they can get all that over-blown inlay and hardware crap on their guitars as they are made on Korean assembly lines. Not bad guitars in theory, but imo, the Korean's are not as consistent in their build quality as the Japanese, probably because of the assembly line nature. I have a Fender Tele was that was $700 new and the corner of the 12 fret needed filed as I caught a string under it by chance? Wtf is with that. the nut was also not done the best. If I had paid $700, I would be PISSED. My $600, Japanese Jackson has much better work and the fret ends all look the same. The finishes also just feel a notch above.
                            I've never owned a Schecter, but every time I play one at a store, I'm very tempted. They sound so thick and seem to be well-built for the price. I think what holds me back is the thick neck.
                            Scott

Comment

1. STOP with all the Skulls and Vertigo inducing graphics! Now we have had about 10 years of it and it is too played out. No offence to Mr. Learn or the other great artists but please read my next suggestions for what would be something new and awesome.

quote]

Well,

out of my four Jackson's the one with (THE SKULLS), gets the most reactions and questions. And hey, that's cool looking. So I don't think they are so bad.
                              Last edited by Gunner; 09-19-2008, 01:21 PM.

Comment

3. Keep it simple and do some string thru versions of the regular King V and Kelly or even a warrior with some nice quilted tops with matching headstocks. I like what Dean has done with some of Dave M's Vs for example.
                                I'd kill for a string-through Warrior with a quilt top.

Comment

Working...
                                X