To: FMIC for some ideas for next NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
    I know the guys at FMIC read this board and I hope they see this thread.

I am giving you guys some free advice that I think would make Jackson super awesome for the next NAMM show.

3. Keep it simple and do some string thru versions of the regular King V and Kelly or even a warrior with some nice quilted tops with matching headstocks. I like what Dean has done with some of Dave M's Vs for example.
    AGREE!

7. No more naked chicks on guitars.

Do you agree or am I totally off my rocker and should I look into some medication?
    You're off your rocker and you need medication for #7. I'd love to have a nice naked girl on a WR1!
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-19-2008, 02:25 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

This is an interesting thread. I have to say that I agree that the graphics are often way over the top and dated (although I do have a lightning sky myself). I personally find the various transparent finishes the most beautiful; the wood itself is often more beautiful than anything man can create. I personally also would like to see more string-thru models--I really only have Floyds on my guitars because I couldn't find any non-Floyd models at the time. I also like the idea of more archtop models and smurf-hat headstocks or some other headstock than the usual one. I imagine that the smurf-hat headstocks and block inlays could be attractive to people outside of the current Jackson crowd--but I guess they've not been a hit in the past since they are few and far between.

Comment

-Bring back the SweeTones

-More String-Thru stuff

-A 24 fret USA RR

-More burst finishes

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          C'mon... you know you want a Manbar KV!

Go girls go!!!! You know Richard wants you to shed some pounds!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeëlzeM View Post
            +500 for point 3.

More string-through models... come on. String-through KV2, normal scale, normal headstock, white, with binding and white headstock. Go.

They are already making it for me right now in the CS. No production model for you!

It was reasonable priced as well. I left a deposit with Nick at Piney Hills.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
              Dear FMIC,

Please ignore that point and do not become gay.

Thank you!
              I will allow naked girls only on warbird warriors or other WWII themed graphics or maybe a "sunset beach" for the sake of nostalgia but no more "perfect pair"

Comment

I agree with most of it except the flames over the natural finish, that would look vomit enducingly horrendous.

Comment

More Jenna Jameson ads.

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. Harrist View Post
                    More Jenna Jameson ads.
                    Are you being serious

she's looking pretty nasty lately......

Comment

Originally posted by FastJunkie View Post
                      I agree with most of it except the flames over the natural finish, that would look vomit enducingly horrendous.

It's not something I would get personally, nor are the colors on this one anything I am particularly fond of. But I think if the colors were right it could look very cool.

Assuming we're talking flames over a transparent finish showing the wood. That's how I interpreted it. I could be wrong.

Comment

I think he meant plain natural finish, no trans finish.

That blue geet is gorgeous by the way...

Comment

string thru is the best idea.

more reverse headstocks

single hum with 1 vol knob (keep it simple)

and the only idea/concept Jackson should take from Schecter is the production and availability of left handed models
                          My Childrens
                          -------------
                          Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
                          Lefty RR1T trans black
                          Lefty Sl2HT trans black
                          Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Yeah, Jenna took some bad advice on the Botox issue. Ewww.

And no, I'm not content with the "same old same old" Skullz and "evil and stuff" graphics, but if you think those are a niche, comic book covers are even more limited.

Now, if you're talking graphic novel type stuff like The Crow, Sin City, etc and not Justice League, ok, but just not that Frank Miller Batman. There's art and slop art, and making Batman appear like a caveman in a baggy suit is insulting.

What's next, Wonder Woman as portrayed by Mackenzie Philips? :ROTF:

And what's a "smurf-hat headstock"? Have you guys even seen a Smurf hat? Jackson's SLS headstock does not resemble a Smurf hat.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Let me clarify on the flames.

You start out with a nice top like quilted maple or flamed maple. Stain it see thru black.

Now paint the flames Opaque on top.

I think it would look wrong on a plain natural top it would have to be something fancy and quilted or flamed.

Comment

Single-hums look pretty but simply don't have the mass appeal or functionality of a real guitar. End of.
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X