No announcement yet.

Post-Fender Jackson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice post! I like how you state your point then use examples to back it up, not just opinion.
    damnit, Eric! There was so much good information happening in this thread before you had to come along and ruin it with your "logic" and your "common sense" and your "real world experience".
    Thanks. It really is just simple economics. Whether its guitars, video processors, or widgets.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Dave Mustaine is real....Just ask Vince.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
        and there ain't no Easter bunny either.

- E.
        What???? Crap.... Well thanks you ruined 2009 Easter for me! Lol

Comment

I'm not bothered about Pre- or Post Fender. I'm more interested in the condition of the guitar, how long it will last, and how much it will cost me to maintain or repair it. I work in a technical department, and one thing that pisses me off are customers who insist the age of the product is their right to a free replacement. I also despise people who use "Pre-Fender" as an excuse to bump up the price on a guitar that's equally or similarly spec'd the same as a "Post Fender".
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-22-2008, 05:17 AM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            I'm not bothered about Pre- or Post Fender. I'm more interested in the condition of the guitar, how long it will last, and how much it will cost me to maintain or repair it. I work in a technical department, and one thing that pisses me off are customers who insist the age of the product is their right to a free replacement. I also despise people who use "Pre-Fender" as an excuse to bump up the price on a guitar that's equally or similarly spec'd the same as a "Post Fender".
            ?

Comment

I think the fender buyout has reaped some nice rewards. The whole USA production model Charvel line probably wouldnt exist if not for fender. But, I have to admit that those guitars are extremely fender looking to me. I think it was easy for them to knock those out without too much of a retool. And it seems that they are making tons of them, which will help bring down the price on used ones for cheap ass guys like me. That said, yoiu could probably build your own similar guitar for much less. Point is, I like what fender is doing so far.

Comment

yeah in the end what matters to me is how well it plays and sounds but I like to buy used stuff because there are so many nice guitars sitting around collecting dust that are decent and if they sit around for long enough the shop owner will eventually give it to you for a good deal

Comment

I haven't been able to tell the difference between the "pre fender" and "post fender" Jacksons. However, it is worth mentioning that there IS a difference between the "grover era" and the "post grover era". There's just something really great about a Jackson made before 1990 that wasn't captured in those made later. My '87 blue burst Rhoads is the nicest playing, fattest sounding, and sweetest looking Jackson I've ever had. It was one of the first "Ontario" Jacksons.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                  X