No announcement yet.

Tom Lee Music in Hong Kong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'll skip the mainland shop hunting...
    I'll see how much time I have in HK. I'll focus in on TsimShatSui, and then if I have time run over to the other ones, I think...
    I'm not interested in some copies, no matter how cheap, I'm looking for the real deal.. I use the guitar to play on, not to have as a nice wall decoration.

I will be there in early December, so it shouldn't be any holidays at that time, right?

Comment

The Xmas sale in Tom Lee usually starts at the 2nd week of Dec., sometimes even at Dec. 1. Then it lasts at least one month. Most items will have 15% discount, sometimes even 20%, so the prices are really good.

But please beware of the different versions if you're looking at the ESPs. The guitars sold to Hong Kong by ESP is called the Export Series, which is the same they sold to most area in Europe and Australia but not to US. The custom shop ones look identical to those sold to US, while some of the standard series within this Export Series have slightly difference in spec than the standard series sold to US. For example, some Eclipse standard have 4 knobs instead of 3. Also, the artist models have both custom shop versions (serial no. starts with K) and signature series versions (starts with SS). The latter is much cheaper but only at the level of an ordinary standard series model. Especially, look out for those stamping "ESP custom guitar" instead of "ESP custom shop" on the back of the headstock. They are called "Original series" which was supposed to be sold to the Japanese market only. They are a little higher than the standard series but not real custom shop pieces. So don't think that you're in a real bargain if you find artist models selling at half of the prices you saw on ebay. They may be different versions.

Other major brands sold in Tom Lee don't have this issue to worry about. Personally I think ESP makes good guitars but don't deserve the price (at least in Hong Kong). Pricewise, I suggest you to take a look at Gibson's guitar of the month limited editions if you find them on sale in Hong Kong, i.e. the 50th anniversary flying V. Again, just my 1 cent though.

Comment

Working...
      X