Dk2m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk2m

k guys, i got my heart set on a DK2M that ill probably get in a month. 99% of the reveiws i've read have been excellent so i just want to know from the jackson forum, how is it?

Ill probably be joining a band in around 6 months (blues, rock, maybe some classical, no metal) and i want a guitar that is capable of recording,playing shows, and drilling for long hours.

It is a very inexpensive guitar so i might buy fender or gibson too, but if the DK2M plays like my current bottom line jackson, plus the features it has, i doubt ill play any other guitar.

They're very nice guitars. I find the necks to be extremely comfortable. I have a regular DK2 and I haven't bought another 6-string since. I haven't needed to. Try one out and if you like it, take the plunge.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

You´ll be fine with the DK2M, as with just about any japanese Jackson. As long as you like the neck shape and the pickups (an easy fix, anyway) you will be golden for years to come. The JT580LP bridge might develop issues from use and wear over time, but that´s a big maybe and is years and years into the future as well.

Comment

I'm very happy with mine. I gigged with it immediately without needing a setup or even a string change, received many compliments on it, and would buy another one if they increased the number of finishes.
        sigpic

Comment

Very well-built, but the maple board made it too "spanky" for me.
          Scott

Comment

Alright then. Hopefully in 20 days ill have that and a better amp.

Comment

I still miss my EDS DK2M. It was perfect straight out of the box. Didn't need a setup. The toggle switch blade was bent to the right, but that's all. The neck was just amazing.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've 3 and I love them. Plays as good as my USA's. As Eddie says ,its just wood and strings.

Comment

I'm buying one once I get back home... and hopefully its still up for sale!

Comment

They are really excellent guitars
                    Tough to beat from a features/feel per dollar perspective
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

I'd like to buy one of these in a couple of weeks. I hope there's a few in the shops that I'm going to search because I'd really rather pick one up in person than buy online. Still, I feel as though I must have one. They just look so amazing in white and EDS...
                      I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Working...
                      X