• Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAAANNNNN!!!! Those are awesome!!!!!!!!
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Amazing work!!!

Comment

So here's my question - How much of a difference would it make between ordering a custom shop jackson and saying "Hey, I want a Learn Graphic on here" or buying a jackson and shipping it to you and saying "Hey I want a Learn Graphic on here"?

In other words, is there any sort of issue at all with the guitar already having standard paint on it before you work on it, or any issues with guitar companys wanting it done through them?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I've only had one custom paint job done and it was on a Warmoth and though I like it, I think next time around I want to go with someone with more experience and that "holy shit did you see what this guy painted?!?!" factor.
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I am sure there is a price difference as they have to account for shipping and my costs, which are not as much as most would think. I have alot of guys sending brand new guitars. Mostly because they do not want to wait for the custom shop's time line, not because they think they are saving money.
          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Koi Pond is neat. It's refreshing to see something without skulls.
            Scott

Comment

Awesome work.
              I inquired recently to get a refin and never got a call back oh well...
              ///MK
              http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Nice work! I'm digging the Monsters one the most. Perfect Halloween guitar!
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  I love Monsters, too! And Hell's Koi Pond is another favorite.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    I love Monsters, too! And Hell's Koi Pond is another favorite.
                    +3 on the Monsters,,I think thats my favorite of the bunch,,,Awesome as always Mike,,Keep the faith

MOSHON
                    DAVE
                    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

That Silver Surfer Roswell is the shit.
                      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Mike,

Do you use smooth covers on the EMGs that are painted or other pickups that get painted?

If you do where or who sells them? I see them on alot of guitars they are smooth covers that slip on top of the EMG pickups and then get painted.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                          Mike,

Do you use smooth covers on the EMGs that are painted or other pickups that get painted?

If you do where or who sells them? I see them on alot of guitars they are smooth covers that slip on top of the EMG pickups and then get painted.
                          AK47 - Allparts sell them. I would assume Mike scuff sands them and then just works his magic.

http://www.allparts.com/store/pickup...s,Category.asp

Comment

Thanks to Mike for being very communicative during the process of
                            making "Gravedigger" for my Brother in law Jim Welch! He still loves it!

Last edited by Robert Burns; 09-27-2008, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Your welcome Robert.

AK, The EMG's are painted directly on the plastic cover of the pickup. The Plastic covers are used over the non active pickups. There is a special plastic bonding primer that I use to ensure adhesion.
                              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Wow the blue skull background on the Monsters is fantastic! Would like to see it applying on more other themes or even as a stand-alone graphics.

Nice guitar shape on that one too. A soloist with cutouts? Interesting.
                                Last edited by slayest; 10-11-2008, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X