Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Strings????

Charvel strings!

Guy at the music shop I frequent locally (the guy that had the Iron Bird that I helped out one of our members with & the Pacer I helped myself with for those of you scoring at home) has gotten a bunch of stuff over the last few years from the estate of Charles Smith (Kool & the Gang guitarist). Recently one of his family members dropped off a huge box of strings.

Knowing that I dig Charvels, when I went in to pick up a DiMarzio I ordered from him, he gave me the above.

Never seen Charvel strings before. I BET IT IS WORTH $1000000 TO A REAL CHARVEL COLLECTOR! PM ME FOR DETAILS !1!!1!!!!!

Seriously, thought you guys would get a kick out of it. Note price in Yen.

Vass

seem like china-strings.
    Probably just gave their name for the asian market.

just my thoughts...
    '97 KV1 alder

Comment

nice little item none the less!
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
        seem like china-strings.
        Probably just gave their name for the asian market.

just my thoughts...
        Probably. There's really not many string makers out there. For instance, Carvin strings are GHS Boomers in Carvin packaging.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Probably. There's really not many string makers out there. For instance, Carvin strings are GHS Boomers in Carvin packaging.
          Nice to know that...as Carvin Strings are much cheaper than Boomers!

Comment

Although stuff made in the same factory doesnt imply it is the same product.
            Different materials or more tolerance...
            But I dont know about Carvin/GHS...maybe you're right.
            Last edited by Evil Homer; 09-27-2008, 03:47 PM.
            '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              Nice to know that...as Carvin Strings are much cheaper than Boomers!
              Indeed they are! The Carvin Forum is run by their employees, and they confirmed it awhile ago. They sometimes sell them on ebay, too.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dean Markley, GHS, and d'Addario are all made by the same people IIRC.

Comment

Just generic cookie-cutter strings with a Charvel logo slapped on it. Cool find though....

Comment

Working...
                  X