can somebody help me out with this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can somebody help me out with this

I have no keys to my cases.I need to start locking them before I find one smashed by my 2
    1/2 year old.one is the type with the Jackson logo molded into the case,the other the one with the jackson/charvel logo printed in the front top corner.I believe they are just skb cases but where in the heck do I get keys and I assume one key will work with both...
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Originally posted by magh8 View Post
    I have no keys to my cases.I need to start locking them before I find one smashed by my 2
    1/2 year old.one is the type with the Jackson logo molded into the case,the other the one with the jackson/charvel logo printed in the front top corner.I believe they are just skb cases but where in the heck do I get keys and I assume one key will work with both...
    Not quite sure how to go about getting replacement keys for your cases if the originals were lost. There might be generic keys available, but that to me seems like it would defeat the point of having 'em lock in the first place.

Could you possibly just replace one of the knobs on a closet in your home with a lockable one which you have the key to? That way you can put your guitars in there and any other valuables you don't want your kid destroying while you're not around.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
      Not quite sure how to go about getting replacement keys for your cases if the originals were lost. There might be generic keys available, but that to me seems like it would defeat the point of having 'em lock in the first place.

Could you possibly just replace one of the knobs on a closet in your home with a lockable one which you have the key to? That way you can put your guitars in there and any other valuables you don't want your kid destroying while you're not around.
      that is kind of what I am doing now.I am keeping them in the finished attic and everytime I have to go to practice it becomes a bit of a pain in the ass.I'd rather lock'em and let him try to get to them.I think they are generic keys.I was poking around on SKB's web and they do sell keys for certain style locks but don't know the style name....

Comment

I have a set of keys for my generic case that work on my old Jackson/Charvel branded case for my DR3, but not my Jackson/Charvel printed case for my KE1. I can send one to you if you want to try it. PM me your address if you're interested.
        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
          I have a set of keys for my generic case that work on my old Jackson/Charvel branded case for my DR3, but not my Jackson/Charvel printed case for my KE1. I can send one to you if you want to try it. PM me your address if you're interested.

man that would be awsome will do.I am also going to go check my parents house.I still have a few cups and containers filled with pens,pics,and all kinds of stuff.I bet i have atleast one or 2 case keys there...

Comment

Working...
          X