Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the JCF Board have a list of craftspeople?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the JCF Board have a list of craftspeople?

Hi guys -

In my errant wanderings on the board, I've noticed a good deal of posts from different people with different talents. Some guys fabricate parts, some do custom finishing, some make bodies...

I was wondering if the JCF board has a listing of all the different people that are available and willing to help repair, customize or otherwise work on a guitar for a fee, barter or free? It seems to me that a lot of us need expert help from time to time, and we'd probably prefer to go to a forum member than elsewhere.

Just a thought...:idea:
    WarPig____________________________________________
    "Live every day as if it were your last...
    ...one day it will be."

interesting idea, WarPig. I like it!

(says me, who has no discernible skills to offer the good members of the JCF beyond my smart mouth & a penchant for lengthy & incoherent linguistic meanderings......what was I saying again?)
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post

(says me, who has no discernible skills to offer the good members of the JCF beyond my smart mouth & a penchant for lengthy & incoherent linguistic meanderings......what was I saying again?)
      i would pay for that!!
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Perhaps if the idea is worthy, the beneficent Admins of JCF may create a forum section and invite those with talent to post their skills?

This wouldn't be a "Dealers" section as much as it would be "Here's what I can do for you" type of thing. Perhaps a subset of the Tech Q&A: where in Tech Q&A you can ask questions on how, in the "Guns for Hire" part there would be people who would do the work for you... for a fee, for a trade, or just to get some portfolio pieces. All "business" type stuff would need to be done off-list, and it would need to be clear to everyone that "you pays your money and you takes your chances": like anything else, the person contracting the work is responsible for doing their research and taking responsibility for their actions. The fact that this is a community should keep problems to a minimum or non-existent.

Sadly, I too have neither the time or skills to be of much help. While I used to sling a pretty mean airbrush, the skill has rusted like a lump of iron in saltwater. That's kind of why I asked the question in the first place.
        WarPig____________________________________________
        "Live every day as if it were your last...
        ...one day it will be."

Comment

Isn't this what paid sponsorship is for?

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            no discernible skills to offer the good members of the JCF beyond my smart mouth & a penchant for lengthy & incoherent linguistic meanderings......[/I]
            ausfuckinstralian as mate!! inthatwotwereallabout?!

Comment

how come this tread isnt getting more attention?

GOOD IDEA:idea:
              My Childrens
              -------------
              Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
              Lefty RR1T trans black
              Lefty Sl2HT trans black
              Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Well certainly our ambassador of Graphics, already is well known! Mike Learn

Comment

Working...
                X