Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know~ Another What the heck is this Kelly thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know~ Another What the heck is this Kelly thread?

Sorry to ask in a thread but Ive scoured the net and forums trying to find out what Kelly this is to no avail.
    Ive got a Kelly body Jackson that I bought as a supposed "Pro"....probably much like some others here that didn't know better. I don't know what it is. So here are the basics.....

Black Kelly body
    One volume know and 3 way toggle.
    Std. headstock
    Real Mother of Pearl shark inlays (look like they were cut too small and filled in with black plastic?)
    24 fret rosewood bolt on neck (4 bolts with a plate)
    No binding anywhere
    Dual HB pups with no designation...non marked
    Rose tremelo.....I think its a JT580 (just like my DXMG, serial number is 96 so its a japanese DXMG with a 580)
    Serial number is 65007765 and is on a sticker on the back of the headstock..not on the plate like my other Jacksons.

I believe its either a "parts mutt Pro" or a kx10d. If its a Pro then someone changed the PUPs.. unless its an older one that just came that way.

If its a KX then what pickups does it have? What is it worth...the guitar is almost perfect and plays like a dream.

The neck is ALOT wider than my dinky's are.....Ill have to measure it to be sure....but it sure feels wider.

Thanks for any and all help......

BTW....Ive had a Jackson DXMG for a while made in 2005
    and an original Jackson DR3 in Trans. Blue that I bought after that.
    Ive got 2 Schecter c1's, a Dean ML and a Laguna le 524 ...which is a damn nice guitar...but nothing plays like the Jacksons.

Thanks for the help..........god bless.
    Last edited by GunLeatherGuy; 10-12-2008, 09:29 AM.

Update.....The tremelo is a 500...so it must be a KX10D.

It looked the same until I got it back from being restrung and its alot different. The whammy bar screws into the vibrato instead of going on with a nut.

Can anyone tell me when it was made? I know the KX10D's have a crappy reputation compared to the Pro's but it sure plays nicely....

Thanks to all of those who looked............Eric
    Last edited by GunLeatherGuy; 10-13-2008, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X