Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people here who own USA/Custom Shop Jacksons can actually play them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people here who own USA/Custom Shop Jacksons can actually play them?

Title says it all. One of the guys at my guitar shop was telling me about how he knew a guy who would come into the store and buy all kinds of high end USA Jacksons and Custom Shops and owned like 30+ high end USA Jacksons, but the guy could not play a single not on any of them to save his life. So that got me thinking:

Does anybody here with some really nice shit just collect them for show? Or does everybody here pretty much have them to shred on?

My guitars are players. I wouldn't say I am great but I can hold my own. I have only been playing for 3 years, but I am where I should be skills wise.

Comment

I suck, but I can play 'em well enough to play out with my band. People get up and dance, so we do okay.

No Custom Shop guitars at my house though.

have you checked out the mp3 section of the JCF? Plenty of mp3s & vids of members using their Jacksons. I heard a guy do a ripping version of "Michael, Row Your Boat Ashore" once.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

My only "high-end" USA Jackson is my PC1 and I play the shit out of it.
        That's what guitars are for... playing.
        If I want wall art, I'll buy a painting.
        -Rick

Comment

While I'm not Petrucci 2 - The Sequal, I do ok. I do have a couple of Jacksons that rarley if ever get played, but thats only cuz I'm playing the previously dinged Jacksons.
          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Im a legend in my own mind! Im no Jani...but i still think i rock...
            My brother in law is about the same level of player...and he has
            28 axes... 2/3rds of them over $2K. One PRS Private Stock...
            Its all about finally having the $'s to own what you used to just
            dream about hanging on the wall...never being able to swing the $800.oo
            purchase price!

2 EVH 1/2 stacks! 6 Charvels... 2 Jacksons... 4 Ibanez Jems...(2 20ths !) Yep...it's good to have a Job!

$8K PRS PS...

Yeah....were doing ok!

Last edited by Robert Burns; 10-15-2008, 05:54 AM.

Comment

I have 2 Jackson custom shops, and an Abyss custom, played em all live, play em all whenever I can... (Which is almost never anymore...)
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I can't play to save my life. I own 2 USA Jacksons (WR1, DK1). Never taken any lessons.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  My only "high-end" USA Jackson is my PC1 and I play the shit out of it.
                  That's what guitars are for... playing.
                  If I want wall art, I'll buy a painting.
                  Yeah, but you'd be hard pressed to find a painting that looks nicer than a Jackson!

I don't have many guitars yet because I'm still a student. Once I achieve world domination, however, I will begin collecting guitars at a furious rate!
                  I'm a decent player and I enjoy playing guitars, but I also seem to constantly have a very high level of Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.
                  I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Highest-end one I own is my RR1. Play it all the time. That's what it's for.

Comment

I suck as much as the next guy, but I'd rather buy guitars and play guitars than buy stocks!

I have around 30, mostly Gibson LP's and USA Jacksons. No custom shop stuff.

Comment

You're supposed to play them?
                        "POOP"

Comment

I have three C/S Jacksons and one C/S Charvel. I've had one 18 years, played it all the time. It's now at Mike Learns, having a total re finish done on it. I ordered one in 06 and got the charvel in 06. I just bought the other one a month ago or so. It seems I will play one for a week or two, put it up and play another one. I far as my playing, I suck big time. But I love music and Jackson's.

Comment

The most expensive guitar I've owned over the years was an XTRR ... $1700 from guitarxpress when Lloyd was still selling Jacksons. I played the shit out of it but had to sell it for rent money. Over the years, I've owned a Custom Carvin, several USA Jacksons, and many imports, and USA Fender Strats. I always played them about the same. My current main player is one of the Production series Charvels, and I want to play the hell out of it so it gets worn faster and looks like a player. Like others have said before, guitars are for playing.
                            My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I play my USA all the time, I'm decent, could certainly have a better understanding of different scales and modes, but I can get by and hold my own.

I don't think you should approach it from the perspective that this guy is a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 so he should only pay $X amount for a guitar. If you can afford a nice one, why not? You can always get better and play your way into it or something. If you like metal and want a great product, with kick ass tradition and a few more bells and whistles, the USA Jacksons and customs shops are there.

As mentioned above, sometimes its now having the financial means of fulfilling a dream from long ago that makes one pursue high end stuff. You don't have to be a virtuoso.

By the way, I see people with expensive mercedes and jaguars all the time that can't drive worth a shit.
                              Last edited by Larz; 10-15-2008, 09:44 AM.
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                              X