Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people here who own USA/Custom Shop Jacksons can actually play them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a guy on another guitar board.. which im not going to mention which one, but he owns lots of very high end guitars and limited run stuff , one of which costs over 10k, he gets tones of slack on the boards because he posts all these vids of him playing and hes pretty awful. its pretty funny .

Comment

Despite my playing being completely unconventional and unable to play anything by another artist, my brother thinks my playing is good, but also thinks I over-process my FX. No-one else has really seen me play (which is probably a good thing!), but those who've heard my previous album are impressed.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I try awfully hard. I can play decent enough I guess. I primarily play my Custom Shops.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I do play the guitars I own. All 24 of them. I bought them to play. If I ever get my hands on an LTD, I'll play it. If I ever get a Zoraxe, I'm forming a band for the sole purpose of seeing everyone's face when I pull it out of the case

I tried the collector thing, didn't do too well at it because I went in as more of a "mee too" collector - someone posted a rare beauty, and I could chime in "me too".
          But I was just buying guitars, not dreams or trophies that had personal meaning, so I got out of it and just bought the ones I really wanted.

At one time I had one of every model - Kelly, Rhoads, Warrior, KV, Soloist, Dinky, Fusion, Charvel Model models - imports and USAs.

The thing I disagree with is people buying all of one model, such as the LTDs or Collen Archtop Pros. While I understand they may like that model immensely, the only reason I can think of to have 7 identical rare models is to hoard them and thus artificially inflate their market value.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

When I see guys who have say, 30 EBMM Axis guitars, I think that is extremely pointless no matter how well you play. Or guys who own a bunch of guitars.. and then keep them all in perfectly identical cases and don't display any.
            I own five guitars, one of which is about $5k, and I don't feel bad about it, but I'm not about to buy any more any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

The thing I disagree with is people buying all of one model, such as the LTDs or Collen Archtop Pros. While I understand they may like that model immensely, the only reason I can think of to have 7 identical rare models is to hoard them and thus artificially inflate their market value.

Nope Newc ,

I've got 4 usa kellys
              1 cs king kelly
              3 import(japan) kellys
              some gibson ,ibanez,dean etc...

But I love the kelly models -granted I play the usa models the most ;after that before I grab an import I'll grab mmy RR1 -after that 8 guitars have to have had a string broke that night !!!!Plus I also tune them slightly differently;2 @ e ,2 @ eflat ,2 @ dropped d,etc ....

That way when it's on I can normally have a viable back-up on hand !!!!Unfortunatley back when I used to play a lot more , I didn't have shit

Then after getting a steady job ..........a lot of you guys know !!
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I'd be the first to admit that my guitars outweigh my skills. I have 3 CS guitars and 3 production guitars.
                It's a hobby for me,I used to be into it. . but over the years things change,sell stuff etc. I just got back into it again about 4-5 yrs ago after I had a very seroius LH injury. So my playing kinda sucks. . but it's all fun to me.
                Been playing Jacksons for 22+yrs, very first Jackson was CS 1986.
                Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                  Since I am not a professional musician I let my technique and practicing slide in a bad way. I have been told by others I am decent but in my mind I am never good enough or could be better.
                  I am the same way...people tell me im decent, but I don't really think I am as good as they say I am. I still think I suck...

As far as my guitars...I only two, both imports. I only have my Warrior because I found it for super cheap and couldnt pass it up. I make myself feel better about owning it by telling myself it was cheap.

At this point I can not justify owning a US, forget about a Custom Shop.

Comment

im not that good but i got some nice guitars 13 or so mostly USA BCRich & jackson. some do see less playing time than others, but i do play them all. i dont think i would gig with some of my older guitars that have somehow stayed mint this long.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                      Nope Newc ,

I've got 4 usa kellys
                      1 cs king kelly
                      3 import(japan) kellys
                      some gibson ,ibanez,dean etc...

But I love the kelly models -
                      You're missing the point. I see no problem in having many of ONLY one model - I myself was on a quest to snatch up as many NASLs as I could - the problem is when one person buys up all available pieces of a limited run such as the LTDs or the original Collen Archtops. I can understand you may like those models of that limited run, but that also means you hold controlling stock in the price, and if anyone else wants to enjoy the sweetness of those rare models, they're shit out of luck unless they meet your outrageous price.

I mean, Clapton only has Strats, but he doesn't have ALL the Strats. See what I mean?
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc ,

OK cool !My misunderstanding.
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by arbiter View Post
                          When I see guys who have say, 30 EBMM Axis guitars, I think that is extremely pointless no matter how well you play. Or guys who own a bunch of guitars.. and then keep them all in perfectly identical cases and don't display any.
                          I own five guitars, one of which is about $5k, and I don't feel bad about it, but I'm not about to buy any more any time soon.
                          *** If you look closely at that guys (30 EBMM's collection) you will
                          notice that there are allot of repeat pics! IMO your looking at only
                          about 14 axes...with 3 to 5 pics of each one in different rows..

Comment

I have a cstm shop Jackson JCF02 Bog Red. I play it. Not very well but i do play it. Im a hack player. but i do it well. I have about 14 guitars but not all at home currently. I do play them all on a rotation. Or whatever mood strikes me. I do play my Frankenstien the most tho. cus basicly i dont care if i bump it. Nobody will notice but me. I hope.
                            Gil

Comment

Originally posted by madcap View Post
                              I own a bottom of the line jackson at the moment and i can take most players i know to school.

I do know a few people who buy the highest end equipment and play like a 4 year old, which really pisses me off.
                              You can out play me I am sure, and I have 2 USAs and 2 CS on the way. Why should you be pissed because I work 12 hours a day 7 days a week to afford such things. If you have the money why not buy a nice guitar.

Comment

I play mine!!! I am no shredder but I like to write songs & record...I also play in a working band & when I buy a nice guitar it is to play.....I couldn't leave a cool guitar just laying in a case.....

Comment

Working...
                                X