Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people here who own USA/Custom Shop Jacksons can actually play them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K maybe i shouldnt have used pissed off, but it is quite annoying from a utilitarian's perspective. Its a bias that is universal in so many situations.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
      I have a cstm shop Jackson JCF02 Bog Red.
      is that a custom finish, Gil? Like, brown with red streaks?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I have several guitars but mostly Jacksons. I play in an 80's hard rock cover band for fun. I usually play 3-4 USA Jacksons per show due to different tunings and spare guitars. I also like keeping them in nice condition and thus far have not put one ding in any of them. That said, I do have a few that I won't take out to play live such as my CS Mystic Cobra Rhoads or 007 Soloist or PCS Rhoads. I have however played many others live including my Purple Daze PC1, EVH Art Series Charvel, several Soloists and Rhoads', as well as a CS Kelly previously belonging to Jack Frost. Jacksons are the ultimate live guitars to play
        BTW, I have a couple Jacksons that stay in tune not just the whole night but from show to show There are many live shots with Jacksons in action on our band's website www.wickedrocks.com Just click on the heading Pics at the top and you'll see them
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by madcap View Post
          K maybe i shouldnt have used pissed off, but it is quite annoying from a utilitarian's perspective. Its a bias that is universal in so many situations.
          Ok, I understand where you are coming from now.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
            ...I do have a few that I won't take out to play live such as my CS Mystic Cobra Rhoads...
            I was telling my brother about that guitar a few nights ago. That's the one where you had to buy all the mystic touch up paint to get enough to spray the whole guitar, right?

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
              I have been told by others I am decent but in my mind I am never good enough or could be better.
              I think you have just summed up how almost everybody on here feels about their playing. That should be the JCF mantra!

I can play well enough that I'm happy, if I put my mind to it I can play anything I choose to, my problem is that (in the words of my old guitar teacher) I'm bone idle and I moe on quickly (eg, I learned half of eruption, then got bored with it).

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                I think you have just summed up how almost everybody on here feels about their playing. That should be the JCF mantra!

I can play well enough that I'm happy, if I put my mind to it I can play anything I choose to, my problem is that (in the words of my old guitar teacher) I'm bone idle and I moe on quickly (eg, I learned half of eruption, then got bored with it).
                ((((( Boy, that's me! I probably know 1/4 of 100 songs! Only about
                10 all the way thru... I should do a Ronco commercial for an 80's lick
                DVD!! 30 seconds of stuff you recognize!

Comment

I think that most non-player collectors probably buy Gibsons and Fenders, especially investment pieces, and artist models.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                    I was telling my brother about that guitar a few nights ago. That's the one where you had to buy all the mystic touch up paint to get enough to spray the whole guitar, right?

- E.
                    That would be the one
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by TVTiZtiK View Post
                      Title says it all. One of the guys at my guitar shop was telling me about how he knew a guy who would come into the store and buy all kinds of high end USA Jacksons and Custom Shops and owned like 30+ high end USA Jacksons, but the guy could not play a single not on any of them to save his life. So that got me thinking:

Does anybody here with some really nice shit just collect them for show? Or does everybody here pretty much have them to shred on?
                      I've been playing in original and cover bands for a long time.

I have 1 USA Jackson, a Soloist, and it's my #1.

Comment

I have two USA DK1, both get played regularly, and I guess I am considered a decent player. Since breaking most of my fingers about 10 years ago, my playing has gone down some.
                        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Oh yeah...I bought my CS used so I saved a little. New guitars are like new cars...instant depreciation right of the lot. Takes a long time to get that back.
                          www.JerryRobison.com
                          '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                            ((((( Boy, that's me! I probably know 1/4 of 100 songs! Only about
                            10 all the way thru... I should do a Ronco commercial for an 80's lick
                            DVD!! 30 seconds of stuff you recognize!
                            Same here.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

i'm 35 now, and i've been playing since i was 12. i've always love jacksons, and i would urge anyone who thinks that they would like one to certainly go out and grab it.
                              198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
                              1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
                              2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
                              2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
                              2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
                              2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
                              2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Being a collector is cool I guess, but my #1 and #2 players EVERY SHOW are my KV2T and my KV2. I usually rotate which comes out as my #3. At home though they almost never come out of the case as I like to knock around with either my PS3 or KE3. The only Jackson I own that rarely sees the light of day is my 85 Soloist as it's just not pointy enough for our shows and with the kids and the dogs around at home....it's safer in the case for now. Once or twice a year it makes it out onstage for special occasions.

There should be a rule, collect all you want, but if you're not gonna play 'em just GIVE THEM TO ME!!!!!!!!
                                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                                X