Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people here who own USA/Custom Shop Jacksons can actually play them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a serious collector, I keep all my guitars in MIC (Mint In Case) condition so they'll be more valuable. However, that also means I've never actually seen any of them.
    Only kidding, of course. Any guitar I've ever owned was bought to be played. I've got one relatively rare G&L, but it's a daily player. The fact that it's rare is kind of cool, but wasn't a factor in the decision.
    The only time I get irked by someone having something I want and can't afford is when it's someone on MTV's Cribs who probably couldn't spell the name of the Italian exotic parked in their driveway. Yeah, I'm petty like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeFitty View Post
      I've got one relatively rare G&L, but it's a daily player. The fact that it's rare is kind of cool, but wasn't a factor in the decision.
      What kind of G&L is it? I'm picturing the one with an ebony board like the one Jerry Cantrell plays?

Comment

Originally posted by voicex3 View Post
        i like to knock around with either my ps3
        guitar hero rules!
        198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
        1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
        2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
        2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
        2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
        2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
        2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
          I play the ones I have, but I am not that good. I play mostly rhythm in my band because my leads not only suck...they blow. Still like the guitars though.
          there's an old addage that holds some very good wisdom.

if you suck, it's because you're lazy. just because it looks easy means that you don't know the work that it takes to make it look easy. this isn't brain surgery. you have to have dedication. feel the song in you. be the song in you. play - play - PLAY the song in you, danny.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            I suck as much as the next guy, but I'd rather buy guitars and play guitars than buy stocks!

I have around 30, mostly Gibson LP's and USA Jacksons. No custom shop stuff.
            trade up!

Comment

Originally posted by TVTiZtiK View Post
              Title says it all. One of the guys at my guitar shop was telling me about how he knew a guy who would come into the store and buy all kinds of high end USA Jacksons and Custom Shops and owned like 30+ high end USA Jacksons, but the guy could not play a single not on any of them to save his life. So that got me thinking:

Does anybody here with some really nice shit just collect them for show? Or does everybody here pretty much have them to shred on?
              Well my ESP was first, then it broke and I bought the Charvel, basically mandatory, then I found this Dime Slime and I loved it a lot and bought it, but I can't play that good at all, really I have 3 guitars, 2 that were mandatory, 1 that was a random buy.

Comment

Originally posted by drixll View Post
                guitar hero rules!

While I have a Playstation 3, I hope you know I that by PS3 I meant my Performer Rhoads. While I think Guitar Hero is good for turning this generation back towards rock/real music, it's just a game that really has nothing to do with guitar. I think of it a a modern spin on the pushbutton game Simon. No thanks.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by TVTiZtiK View Post
                  [...]
                  Does anybody here with some really nice shit just collect them for show? Or does everybody here pretty much have them to shred on?
                  I own 2 electric, a classical and an acoustic guitar (the acoustic guitar belongs to my girlfriend actually). And I used to have another old classical guitar somewhere around, I think my sister stole it at one point many years ago when I left home. I play all of them.

I would never want to own more guitars than I would be able to play regularly, so I could imagine myself owning up to 4-5 electric guitars, to try some different tunings and pickups, and to have a backup... I'm not a collector, and I don't get people who do that sort of thing – though they are obviously completely free to do so.

I don't think I'm world class, but I'm quite good. I studied classical guitar for 10 years, too. While I enjoy playing guitar more than anything else, I don't make a living with it, so I don't feel the urge to spend each and every cent on them either. As long as you have at least one decent quality instrument, you've got no excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                    What kind of G&L is it? I'm picturing the one with an ebony board like the one Jerry Cantrell plays?
                    It's an ASAT HB - all mahogany tele, ebony board, saddle lock bridge, a hum in the bridge position and a single at the neck, no pickguard, and a tranparent finish.
                    Cantrell has a couple ASATs, but is usually seen with a strat-like Rampage.

Comment

If I buy it, I play it. The only Jackson CS I have is one I bought used on eBay, so I've never laid down the serious cash for a new one. Can't really justify it.

Am I a decent player? Yeah, I'm ok, but then I darn well should be after 26 years of on-and-off serious practice.

As for the sucky players who buy up a zillion fancy guitars. It's their money, not mine. They'd probably be better off investing in lessons from a good teacher, but there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                        While I have a Playstation 3, I hope you know I that by PS3 I meant my Performer Rhoads. While I think Guitar Hero is good for turning this generation back towards rock/real music, it's just a game that really has nothing to do with guitar. I think of it a a modern spin on the pushbutton game Simon. No thanks.
                        ha ha ha ha ha ha; that's sort of what i thought.

i don't know; i got the gh games for the ps2, and i think that if you were just getting started that it would help with a sense of rhythm and getting the left hand to stretch and have each finger act independently.

Comment

jacksons and charvels are made to be played...period...d.m.
                          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by madcap View Post
                            I own a bottom of the line jackson at the moment and i can take most players i know to school.

I do know a few people who buy the highest end equipment and play like a 4 year old, which really pisses me off.
                            It's funny....old men buy a Corvette as a extention of there manhood & some of us just buy guitars..........

Comment

I only have one that I never play anymore. My 85 Archtop Soloist. It pretty much has been sitting on a hanger in the office for the past 3-4 years. It never leaves the house. All the rest of them Dinky's, SL-1,.SL-2, Robin all get their playtime in.

I am more a bedroom player then anything else. I forget a lot that I learn but, the most important thing is that I enjoy the hobby. It's something that I can pick up and put down as I please. Sometimes I sound great but, a lot of time (expecially around others people) I am average.

-Nate
                              Last edited by nateb; 10-20-2008, 02:29 AM.
                              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                                If you're like me and many I know - the better the gear that you're using ,the better you feel ,the better you feel the better you play ,the better you play the better it sounds ,the better it sounds the better you play - there's a circle of enjoyment and sound quality - if you ever want me to stop playing guitar ,just hand me a piece of shit guitar through a shitty set-up !!
                                My cousin wanted to play guitar. I told him I would go with him to get a guitar but he went by himself and came back with a piece of shite. I have noticed that people who make this mistake wont usually stick with the guitar because they think they just can't play and the whole time is was the shite guitar

Comment

Working...
                                X