Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people here who own USA/Custom Shop Jacksons can actually play them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post

What is the model number of the cherryburst ovation just right above your right hand? an "1867 Legend"?

Comment

Yea, I'd say I play mine..lol

Comment

Because of my current band, I'm only playing bass and a Fender Strat live. So I am getting rid of a lot of my unplayed charvels + jacksons + case queens.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I have 3 USA soloists, and I play all of them. Each of them are different and I like to use each for specific purposes. My SLATQH is probably my main guitar, as I love the sound of all mahog and I prefer fixed bridge most of the time. My SL2H-MAHQ I use mainly when I'm in the mood for some floyd action or when I need to use the 23rd or 24th frets. Then my SL1 I use when I want a brighter alder sound, which at times is a nice change ^^
          Last edited by Oblivion99; 10-20-2008, 10:22 PM.
          My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Originally posted by drixll View Post
            guitar hero rules!
            :ROTF::ROTF:

Wrong PS3.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Well lately I've stoped playing my electric and I forcus almost entirely on fingerpicking style kind of stuff but I still crave a Jackson. If I get one I probly wont even play it much lol

Comment

I have them and I play them. 1/4 of 100 songs? yeah, 1/2 of another 100, 3/4 of another hundred and ALL of SMOKE ON THE WATER.
                True of us all I guess.
                I think most players are the same. We try to learn what we love musically, learn what we need to gig, and then kind of fight through the rest of the material.
                If the guitar is on my gear list in my signature below it gets played. I will say that these days I go a little easier on my 85's because they are just too difficult to replace. Not money-wise, just availability-wise. Same problem with my 91 EBMM. The new Jacksons are great, no slam. It's just that there aren't but a relative few San Dimas guitars and the destruction of any of them is a shame. Bound customs from that era are a problem if you have them because who wants to have to refret and deal with the binding. They are all meant to be played (and are) but some of us try to extend the life of the instruments (the best we can). So right now I lean on my Wayne for the bolt-on shred stuff. High quality-and I can preserve my older guitars. I have a "collection" without being a "collector" if you know what I mean.
                Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                  Highest-end one I own is my RR1. Play it all the time. That's what it's for.
                  Same here. I only got it about 2 weeks ago and I spent the last week in Italy, but every day that I've been here with it, I've played it as much as possible because it's gorgeous and plays extremely well.

I'm not at pro level but I'm not bad. I just need to start practising again and maybe I'll start progressing a bit quicker!

Comment

been playing for about 1.5 years...never take any lessons...well, i'm not even 20 yet (2 more months!). my high end would be soloist pro and rhoads pro, no USA stuff yet since i'm not worthy of em...i dont think that i'm worthy of my new soloist pro either .i wouldnt be surprised if some guy just walked up to me, saying "YOU SUCK!!!" since i do think that i suck, but it looks like i'm one of the best lead in my area since a bunch of band keep asking me to join, even the best band in town asked me to replace their rythem...while i dont even have the time to practice w/ my band or alone thanks my parents for not paying for my college...oh well. i could see my self, when i'm famous/ rich...either one, or maybe both , having tons of guitar on the wall, just staring @ em for hours while rocking on one of em
                    Last edited by laihojrxo; 10-21-2008, 07:31 PM.
                    Own:
                    '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                    w/e catches my eyes ATM
                    More '90 Professionals

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                      What is the model number of the cherryburst ovation just right above your right hand? an "1867 Legend"?
                      Ill have to check..its awesome! Abalone binding everywhere...even
                      up the edges of the neck. Deep bowl.. my Brother in law went into
                      the local GC...and the guy said he could have it with a new ovation case
                      and a 60Watt Talos Crate acoustic amp, for $1150.00 with tax!
                      I will try to get some pics of it...it's the best looking Ovation ive ever
                      seen...But NOT a legend. It's an Elite, with epaletts on the top.
                      I would bet it cost $2100.00 when it was new, in 98'?

Comment

When you get a chance Robert. I have an 1867 Legend that really looks a lot like that.

Comment

i'm a player, and I'm pretty good. I have 5 guitars all of them are players. I buy all the time and I sell the pretty ones to collectors and keep the ones that play. Doesn't matter if it is a $50 or $50k guitar if it plays I keep it, if it is pretty but a shit player I sell it off. I don't like pretty guitars anyways I wouldn't want to play it i'd be afraid of scratching it all up.

Comment

I'm coming off a long hiatus from playing due to injury and focus needed elsewhere. I bought a USA Jackson because that is what I wanted back when I was pretty good. I wanted the best because a good guitar is just more fun to play. For me neck-through is the best. The other USA features are just really nice extras. I was probably also swayed by having a Nagoya built neck-through Bich that is just short of awesome. I didn't want the Jackson I had waited over two decades for to be another compromise. If someone else is happy with an import, more power (and cash in the wallet) to 'em.
                            Last edited by Bri; 10-25-2008, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X