• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
    Look anything like this Bri? hehe

Snap
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by drixll View Post
      why do people steal kitkats at walmart?
      They need to take a break but they don't have any money with them?
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        The '86 import neckthroughs had a serial sticker on the back of the headstock under the clearcoat. From '87 on, they had the serial stamped after the 24th fret, just like Jacksons.
        My '87 has the serial on a sticker, so they probably changed that routine some time during 1987.

Comment

Not the greatest pic, but you get the idea. My 1988 collection:

Here are the three guitars. The blue Model 6 and the Soloist have the same neck profile. The crackle Model 6 has a much fatter neck, more like my Gibson SG. It plays really nicely, nonetheless, but I didn't expect the fat neck because I already had the other two guitars.

And here we have the hip cutouts. They are pretty different, which is why I thought the Model 6 was a thicker guitar (crackle mod 6 and the blue one have identical cutouts, but crackle was hard to photo). As you can see the Soloists has a deeper, more dramatic cutout compared to the blue Model 6. I think it makes the whole guitar look sleeker and smaller, especially from that overhead angle.
          Last edited by nsubulysses; 10-19-2008, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
            Snap
            man where the hell did you find that starwars case? thats badass.....oh yeah the guitar is awesome too, but that case....i need one.

Comment

I keep thinking that I have seen other people say that the crackle finished ones had thicker necks. I don't know why that just came to me.:idea:

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                man where the hell did you find that starwars case? thats badass
                It was wrapped around a Star Wars guitar
                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

My '86 neck feels fatter/wider that my '87 model 6 neck. It also feels a little heavier. I doubt anyone's taking the time to fake m6s. So far I like the '87 more...
                  www.JerryRobison.com
                  '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
                    I doubt anyone's taking the time to fake m6s.
                    I don't think so either. I think the poster who originally brought that up on this thread was referring the faking of USA Charvel strats, which is comparatively easy to do and much more financially rewarding. Even at today's inflated prices (compared to a few years ago), a minty Model 6 is only going to command $650 or so. Anybody who went to all the trouble to fake a neckthru Soloist would undoubtedly put a Jackson logo on it rather than an import Charvel one.

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                      Look anything like this Bri? hehe

Nice dude !
                      You got it all set up ! Any issues? How's she sound and play?
                      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

no issues... plays like a dream, just perfect!!!
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                        X