86?? Jackson Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86?? Jackson Strat

Can anyone here help me with ID'ing this rig? I believe it is an 86/87 Strat. It has a San Dimas neck plate with a serial # of 2171. I have had this for over ten years and I have had many a guitar tech tell me "I think it is a ...". No one has said a definitive answer. I am guessing someone here will know for sure!

If the image does not work, try this link
    http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0EYuGrhyzZsnLw

Thanks in advance everyone,
    Shawn

it's an ontario made san dimas plated jackson strat.
    (I used to have one) anything over 1550? I believe was built in the Ontario plant.
    Very Nice, they're great playing guitars.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

check the dates in the neck pocket & on the heal. even #s past that 1500 were 86 the single routes on yours look very much like the SD bodies.

Comment

I have a 86 Jackson bolt-on #2959 neck pocket date of 9/29/86. Same deal with SD neck plate,but built in Ontario.
        Remove the neck,look for the date and "B.S" on there written in blk marker.
        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Yup I concure. I have a SD plated 86 JAckson Strat with a serial of 1569 and it's an amazing guitar. Great neck w/ a thick ass rw slab board. Nice guitar.
          Gil

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all your input. Any idea the potential value of this guitar? It is definately a players guitar and has been "loved" over the years. No modifications.

Comment

Well i orginally paid about 500 USD for mine when i bought it about 5 years ago. Mine had the painted bridge pup changed for an EMG. Wish it still had the origanl painted pup tho. Still has the painted pup ring tho. If yors is still all orignal but played and in good condition i would say 600-700 range. But some one with a better idea will probably chime in soon.
              Gil

Comment

Working...
              X