Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Such a thing as Import Neck-Thru Rhoads w/Kahler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Such a thing as Import Neck-Thru Rhoads w/Kahler?

Has anyone here seen a Neck Thru 22 fret Rhoads with a stock Kahler? Not a flyer, etc. but and honest to goodness real 80's Kahler? I din't think charvel made any neck thru Rhoads during the model series and I can't imagine why any Charvel or Jackson would have had a Kahler installed after about 1987 or 88. Once the Floyds, and then Jackson trems were introduced series wide. I was craigslisting and.....anyway thanks.
    Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
    98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Could be aftermarket? Do you have a pic?
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

First, the Flyer is a real/genuine Kahler product, sure, not as nice as the Pro, but it is what it is, USA made Kahler. The only Rhoads model made by Charvel was the avenger, a bolt on design, with a single locking Schaller trem. Never heard of an imported neck through Rhoads with a Kahler, but maybe for the Japanese market, who knows...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Does it say charvel? or Jackson
        There was lots of USA rhoads jacksons made with kahlers between 82(maybe 83) and 86.

Comment

Maybe a Student model without the Made In USA on the headstock? Or perhaps just a custom order?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"It says "Ft. Worth" so it's Made in the USA!!!!" I couldn't resist that classic Ebay line, sorry guys.

Now seriously. Neck through Rhoads. Kahler Pro. Says made in the usa under Jackson. I've seen the guitar. it has TM half under the tuner bezel, and half showing. Rhoads Student. has Jackson no-logo pickups in it. Has a small gap between the neck pickup and the end of the fretboard. everything looks right. I will try to get a pic and post it.

As for the Flyer, I wasn't trying to say it wasn't real, but it really never occured to me than anyone would think "flyer". My apologies from the original post. Also, anyone familiar with the RR stamps on the serials? I'm just not a Rhoads guy that way. I have one but I know a lot more about Soloists. Are the R's supposed to have a large gap between them or be together? There is a pawn shop in my area that has an Ontario Rhoads by the serials (looks to be 1990) and it has RR in small type, but the SD Rhoads I have seen have Big R's and there is a large gap between the two. Is there a rhoads reference anywhere so I could shake all this out? Thanks.

Current Junk:
            98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

The two pictures I've gotten so far are of the headstock and the body top, there are supposed to be more coming. Does this look SD to you guys? The headstock photo isn't good, but there is a TM above Jackson on the head. It's a Kahler Pro bridge

Last edited by 85 San Dimas; 10-24-2008, 10:13 AM.

Current Junk:

Comment

Here is why I've been asking these questions. The Rhoads I am looking at is similar to these two "83's". These are showing small RR's closely spaced together in the serial.
                I have also seen RR's from 83-85 that have big "R's" with a sizeable gap between them. Comments? I've decided to take the plunge on the one I have been looking at because the price is right, but I know Soloists better than I do Rhoads. Thoughts?
                Thanks, i know I'm new here but I hate to throw away a lot of money out of ignorance.

Current Junk:

Comment

Looks ok from the pics and definately looks like a USA San Dimas made Jackson RR student. Probably need to see more pics for a definate ID. RR Students are great guitars. I have had an '84 since '87.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

RR students considerably smaller in size? what else is different about them?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Maybe a Student model without the Made In USA on the headstock? Or perhaps just a custom order?

+ 1 on student rhoads

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                        RR students considerably smaller in size? what else is different about them?
                        Student = dot inlays, rosewood board
                        Pro = Sharks and Ebony

I think?

Comment

This was why I asked if anyone recalled about imported Jackson Rhoads with Kahler Pro. if I see an SD number, early Jackson pickups, correct logos, two small R's at the serial and a Kahler Pro that has an undisturbed bridge cavity then what do you guys think are the odds that it is a fraud? because who would've put a Kahler Pro on an imported Rhoads (nobody I can think of so I asked). I thought that by the time there was an imported Rhoads the kahler would have been long gone in favor of Floyds, or Jackson trems.
                          On the guitar I am looking at ( I put a deposit down to hold it):
                          Everything on the headstock looks right. made in USA right where it should be, TM right where it should be. The two links I posted previously for ebay auctions show two early 80's SD Rhoads that have two small (font size) R's stamped in before the serial number. The Rhoads I have and the Rhoads I'm looking at buying have the similar small (Font size) R's spaced closely together. Both are student models.

Ontario Rhoads R's are similar again with R's that are smaller font size than the serial numbers that follow. I HAVE seen a couple of early Rhoads that had R's that were just as big as the number in the serial AND have a relatively large gap between each of the R's. (are these frauds?)

If the R's in the serials in the ebay auctions I linked above look right to you guys then that's great. I feel much better about the guitar I'm looking at here locally. But, if the R's on the SD Rhoads are supposed to be larger, or the same size as the numbers then are we looking at fakes? or renumbered/stamped units? So, back to looking at the Kahler for clues to lineage....

I am assuming in all this that folks on here believe that the one Ebay Rhoads auction (the one with all the pictures) is an authentic SD. You feel the same about the second one or not enough info? Thanks. I appreciate your patience.
                          Last edited by 85 San Dimas; 10-30-2008, 12:28 AM.

Current Junk:

Comment

The headstock appears to have the correct decal with Made in USA as well. Pups are probably duncans, have him pull them.

RR "Custom" has sharks and ebony and is the predicessor to the current "RR-1" model. The Professional series was a high quality jap import jackson production line from the early 90s with sharks/ebony which came out well after Jackson stopped using flatmount kalker on anything other than the rare custum shop by request peice. The RR is NOT one of those.
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Sounds to me like you guys generally agree that a factory kahler pro install on a Rhoads should be authentic SD or at worst early Ontario. So any thoughts on the size of the R's preceding the serials. Large, small, close together or distanced apart?

Thanks for all the help.

Current Junk:

Comment

Working...
                              X