New Jackson Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson Ad

Saw the new Jackson ad in Guitar World featuring pics of Randy, Mark Morton, Phil Demmel and John Cambell.

I wonder how many of the younger generation that don't necessarily play Jacksons, just flipping through the pages see that and say, I know these guys from Lamb of God and Machine Head, but who is this Randy dude?
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Hehe I would like to think even most of the younger kids who might be into Lamb of God (sorry, I can't include Machine Head in the same era as Lamb of God considering Burn My Eyes came out in what, 1993-94? ) would be familiar enough with rock/metal that they would know who Randy Rhoads is.

Hell, those Guitar Hero/Rock Band video games are exposing a lot of younger kids to guitar players/music they may not have been exposed to otherwise.

In any case, if they don't know who Randy is hopefully the ad will motivate them to find out.

Comment

Hell, I don't know Mark, Phil, or John. But I sure as hell know Randy. Stuck in the good ole days I guess...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I don't think that would happen at all. Randy is like EVH, Eric Clapton in any other legend in that he is timeless, despite his short career.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelrocker View Post
          i don't think that would happen at all. Randy is like evh, eric clapton in any other legend in that he is timeless, despite his short career.

+1,000,000
          My Childrens
          -------------
          Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
          Lefty RR1T trans black
          Lefty Sl2HT trans black
          Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
            Hell, I don't know Mark, Phil, or John. But I sure as hell know Randy. Stuck in the good ole days I guess...
            Joe, I am with you. I don't know any of those guys or their music besides RR.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

As popular as Ozzy is I'd guess people know.
              http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                Who are Mark, Phil, and John???

OK, I know Phil....he's the hot dog guy on the corner of 46th and E street, right?
                "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                  Who are Mark, Phil, and John???

OK, I know Phil....he's the hot dog guy on the corner of 46th and E street, right?
                  Randy, Mark, Phil and John are a new boy band. I'm sure you've heard their latest hits "Crazy Machine Train" and "God of head"

Dance metal boy bands!
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Everyone kn0ws randy

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                      Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                      Mark Morton is one of the guitar players from Lamb of God... one of the coolest signature guitars Jackson makes! John Campell is the LoG bass player. Phil Demmel is in the band Machine Head, and in the '80s he and Machine Head singer/guitar player Rob Flynn played in the Bay Area thrash metal band Vio-Lence, and they played Jacksons. They're even in the 1990 Jackson catalog.
                      The two guys on the bottom right...
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        They're even in the 1990 Jackson catalog.
                        The two guys on the bottom right...
                        http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=33&pos=48
                        Speaking of that catalogue, isn't that ole Gary in the white Exodus (?) shirt with that "toothpaste ad" smile? The man hasn't changed at all, throughout these past 20 years. Unlike say, Yng.
                        Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                        Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Yep, that's Gary Holt. And Rick Hunolt is to the right above him.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yng loves donuts.

Comment

Saw him one time - about four years back. Was too fat. He would do his trademark guitar spin/toss around him and it would get stuck midway through. Comedy.

Comment

Working...
                              X