New Jackson Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:ROTF:
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
      Joe, I am with you. I don't know any of those guys or their music besides RR.
      I'm in the same boat as you guys and I'm 29 years old so in some respects this is my generation, but I claim no relation to the "new metal".

I didnt even know who that Mutt Tuck guy was that has the new sig. Rhoads out now, I had to ask on here!

I repsect the newer guys as musicians there's no denying it, but I'll stick to the old formula that I love so much. The only new music I really listen to are new albums put out by the old guys.

There's a few bands like "Primal Fear", and "Beyond Fear" that I like, but it's a type of metal with Halford like vocals and that's ok in my book.
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Haha, old pics of Robb Flynn cracks me up every single time!!
        My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

I was at a big family reunion a couple of years ago. My cousin has a kid who is around 16. He wanted me to check out his playing and see how he's coming along. One of the songs the young dude played was Crazy Train. I asked him if his generation had any idea how huge an impact Randy had on guitar playing. He thought the answer was yes.

Of course we old farts have a better understanding since we had the full impact hearing Randy before all the greats that came later.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
            I'm in the same boat as you guys and I'm 29 years old so in some respects this is my generation, but I claim no relation to the "new metal".
            I'm 16, what these bands are marketed towards and I don't even know who they are. The only way I know of Mark Morton is because of the sig guitar. I guess I just don't know what's "in" with the "metal" kids nowadays.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
              I'm 16, what these bands are marketed towards and I don't even know who they are. The only way I know of Mark Morton is because of the sig guitar. I guess I just don't know what's "in" with the "metal" kids nowadays.
              That's just sad dude, you are missing out on some awsome metal. I am 25 and I love Lamb of God. You guys need to get with the times.

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
                That's just sad dude, you are missing out on some awsome metal. I am 25 and I love Lamb of God. You guys need to get with the times.
                I'm 36 and love LoG, too! I can get into all kinds of music, but I've always preferred the heavier, thrashier stuff since I was a kid.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I'm 36 and love LoG, too! I can get into all kinds of music, but I've always preferred the heavier, thrashier stuff since I was a kid.
                  Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
                    That's just sad dude, you are missing out on some awesome metal. I am 25 and I love Lamb of God. You guys need to get with the times.
                    I just can't/don't want to. I've tried a lot of it out but it just bores me. That said, I look for different things in my metal than most people do. Heaviness only comes second to melody. Hence why if you go see anything I recommend in the Metal vs. Trends thread you will notice I only seem to post:

A: Melodic Death Metal
                    B: Power Metal
                    C: Folk Metal

And most importantly of all, 90% of what I listen to is European (The last 10% is obviously American, 9% of which is Nevermore). I find that music is written/arranged differently as compared to American stuff.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                    X