Updated Family Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Family Pics

My collection has changed a LOT, so I thought I would snap and share some new pics. I was really dabbling with Ibanez for awhile, and was up to 3 JEMs, along with a couple of RGs - and they really were nice guitars, too - but I my roots are with Jacksons and Charvels, and I am very happy with the new focus my collection has taken. Without further ado, here they are:

Group Shot

Now just the Koas! (Hey, how'd that acoustic sneak in there!)

And now let's meet the family individually (moving from left to right):

Dragon DK
    This guitar pretty much plays itself, with a wonderfully thin, crazy birdseye neck, and it sounds great, too. I'm usually not into wild graphics, but I love this guitar.

American Deluxe Ash Strat with Musikraft neck
    I've been through a lot of Strats. I always buy one, sell one, buy another, sell it, regret it, etc. When I saw this one at the music store, I was knocked out by the grain in the body (which also appears to be one piece). The neck was not really my thing though, so I got this replacement from Musikraft. The neck is quartersawn maple, in a thin D profile, with a flame maple fretboard and abalone top and side inlays - and a Graphtech nut and locking Gotoh tuners. I thought they looked more vintage than Schallers, so I tried 'em out. I like 'em.

JEM 7VWH
    This is the guitar that sold me on Ibanez and almost resulted in my complete conversion to the dark side. The neck is actually a little thick for me, but I get used to it after a few minutes of playing. It is extremely easy to play and has a lot of sound options.

Charvel SD Natural Koa
    This guitar has the finest neck I have ever played. For me, the neck is the most important aspect of any guitar. This neck is unbelievably comfortable. It also has even crazier birdseye than the Dragon. I just love it.

Charvel SD1 Reissue Koa
    I like this guitar more every time I pick it up. I liked it a lot in stock form, but I recently decided to make it the equivalent of what I would order from the Charvel Custom Shop if if were possible for me to do so. As you can see, I swapped the gold hardware for black, and I swapped the original neck for a Musikraft Strat-head in quartersawn maple with an ebony board and abalone top and side inlays. The logo is also what I would ask J/C to make for me if I were to get one of these made. Oh, and don't worry, I would never try to pass these off as anything they weren't (JCS, Charvel neck, etc.) I have all the original hardware, necks, etc., and if I ever sold these, I would sell them in stock form. But I'm not selling.

Last edited by quiksilver; 10-24-2008, 10:35 PM.

nice collection...

Comment

That Natural Series birds eye is killer AAAAA? By far, the pix you took makes it look way nicer than they look on TMZ's site.Thanx for posting.
      Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Thanks, guys!
        I just realized I left out the individual pics of the ESP! Here you go:

ESP MII Urban Camo
        This is my first ESP. I normally don't like painted necks, but the satin finish on this is ultra smooth. Someone modded this guitar in various ways, as you can see, and I am in the process of bringing it closer to its unmodded state.

Comment

Very nice!

Your explanation of each of the guitar's "personality" was nice reading...thanks for posting!

Comment

i love your esp...and your chinese jackson lol.
            Own:
            '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
            w/e catches my eyes ATM
            More '90 Professionals

Comment

Love the neck on that Dragon DK, it's fuggin' nice bro!

I would finish stripping the neck on that ESP, I know it's cosmetic, cause you said before that you cant feel it, but something like that would just get to me.

Nice guitars, thanks for sharing them!
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven
              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Beautiful collection!!!

I'm also a big fan of Koa.

Comment

I wish i had some of your collection ! (oh thats right , i do!)
                  Taylor sure knows how to make some awesome Koa!
                  They slay me in person, whenever i see a masterpiece from them..
                  Great direction your taking ! Let me know when you need to lose
                  that Dragon Jackson!! Horsie says hi! Notice my cool couch too! LOL

Is your KOA Charvel "Bright" sounding? More like Alder? Killer Birdseye
                  on that neck!
                  Last edited by Robert Burns; 10-25-2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your collection. Really enjoyed
                    White is nice.

Comment

Great mix
                      Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X