Grover Jackson for President!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover Jackson for President!

Okay guys, I have Had my USA select SL2H for a year now. Everyday I love this guitar more and more. It was my first guitar with a painted neck and it took a while to get used to it. My First JB and ebony board which also took a while to get used to but now I am hooked. This bastage is like a Z06. Its a bad ass with all the creature comforts. Whats great about it, is that anyone that wants one of these can get a really nice one off of Ebay for a grand.

Anyone thinking of getting a $700 guitar at Guitar Center should consider adding a little extra and make the plunge. What you will get for that extra $300 is unbelieveable!

and I think you hit the nail on the head of why JCF members and J/C afficianados believe what they believe about their favorite instruments. An Epiphone LP at 800 is ridiculous when compared to what can be had for 1000-1100 from J/C. For instance.
    A real San Dimas Soloist can be had for a grand any day of the week.. Now if you want more appointments on it then the price begins to rise, but Gary Pihls old Soloist (still a celebrity-owned guitar) traded somewhere around 2500 bucks. That's less than the going rate (by 600 bucks) for a new LP Custom. If you want the newer Jacksons it can get a little pricier. Used you can get practically any Jackson for 2 grand or less, and any Charvel for 3000-3500 or less. Take a stroll through GC again, and see what is available in those price ranges that are superior instruments. Hard to find anything isn't it? I agree with you. That's why we love them. Bang for the buck. it just takes a few bucks to get started. I only resent the southeast asian $199 Daddy's J/M or Gc -type "Jacksons" because they degrade the value of the brand name.
    Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
    98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

I agree. Anyone that wants a select series can have one if they want one bad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
        Okay guys, I have Had my USA select SL2H for a year now. Everyday I love this guitar more and more. It was my first guitar with a painted neck and it took a while to get used to it. My First JB and ebony board which also took a while to get used to but now I am hooked. This bastage is like a Z06. Its a bad ass with all the creature comforts. Whats great about it, is that anyone that wants one of these can get a really nice one off of Ebay for a grand.

Anyone thinking of getting a $700 guitar at Guitar Center should consider adding a little extra and make the plunge. What you will get for that extra $300 is unbelieveable!
        So you got your SL2H Bolted Steel for $1000? If you did then not only did you get an awesome guitar but one hell of a deal as well. And I do agree with you that SL2H's are awesome. I have quite a few of 'em.
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I got a "brand new/Bolted Steel" SL2H from an online dealer for $1500, but there have been plenty of kick ass used SL2H's for a grand from reputable online dealers though. A used guitar wouldn't bother me.Out of all the guitars I have had, only 2 have been "new". Once I get the amp cranked up where the guitar comes from has never entered my mind. For a $1000 anyone can have a guitar that will hold its value

Look at this one "clicky"
          and this one "clicky"
          Last edited by phill_up; 10-30-2008, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X