What Is It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is It?

I'm a long time Strat user, but found this Charvel at a Pawn shop for $325. Thought it played and sounded good for the price, so I picked it up.
    Thing is, I can't find any pics on the web like it, and some Fender numbnut responded to my email to 'Charvel' stating they didn't have Charvel's old database of serial #'s. Whatever.
    Can anybody look at the pics and help me figure out what it is/ where made? I figure it's probably an import, but it's an impressive one. The serial # (in case you can't read it it) is 351054. I'm just curious, thanks!

That's an "ST Custom" made in Japan. They were first featured in the 1990-91 catalog. It has a 2 piece ash body and a pickup switching system that gives you a total of 15 different settings! Nice guitar, but nothing particularly special about it, in fact, the headstock was a real turnoff to most...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I have seen them with single coils like that but the headstock is strange probably someone knows what it is but it looks at least like late 80s or early 90s cuz of the logo on it

edit never mind someone already did

Comment

Thanks for the help! I agree, the headstock is flat out ugly (imo). It does play pretty good (very well set up by whoever owned it before me), has a number of good sounding single coil tones (though a few settings are just unuseable), stays in tune very well, and is very quiet.
        My thoughts are it's a great bang for the buck. Might have to look into some of those USA made Charvels now...

Comment

Working...
        X