Lameness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lameness...

Sims Guitars are putting Charvel, Fender, and Ibanez logos on their guitars. I get individuals doing whatever they want to do. But a guy that's in the business of creating new guitars shouldn't be ripping off other companies like this. What a shitty thing to do.

http://www.stagetorage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2564

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f29/sims-custom-shop-chattanooga-usa-master-topic-49747-32.html
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Wow!!! Pretty ballsy... Is Sims making the body and neck? or just the body? The neck looks like a Warmoth. I haven't seen anybody else using the fine adjust hole for the truss rod on the side of the neck near the heel.

I don't agree with the Charvel logo, but otherwise it's just an h-s-s strat that slightly resembles Jake E. Lee's.

Comment

That is pretty sad. I do not personally see a whole lot of difference between an individual doing it for what ever reason and these guys, bottom line is they end up out in the market confusing the buyer, what ever intentions there are.
      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
        That is pretty sad. I do not personally see a whole lot of difference between an individual doing it for what ever reason and these guys, bottom line is they end up out in the market confusing the buyer, what ever intentions there are.
        Thats what I was thinking... If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, then...Dude There is an ass kicking Charvel for Sale!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-HARDTAIL-...QQcmdZViewItem
          It's up on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post

And a shade over $1600! Holy crap.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Item title: FENDER HARDTAIL CHARVEL CUSTOM SHOP GUITAR JAKE E LEE

Comment

He normally puts his own name on his stuff.
                That is why I was surprised to see him do this as he makes some great looking guitars.

He did a great job on strat right up until he slapped a Charvel logo on it. That is lame.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                  I don't agree with the Charvel logo, but otherwise it's just an h-s-s strat that slightly resembles Jake E. Lee's.
                  Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  He did a great job on strat right up until he slapped a Charvel logo on it. That is lame.
                  Well, Jake E. Lee's white Strat was a Fender that got a Charvel logo put on it, too.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Well, Jake E. Lee's white Strat was a Fender that got a Charvel logo put on it, too.
                    Yep... I know that, but so does everyone else.

The seller is smart enough to be listing it as a replica and not passing it off as the real deal.
                    But the same can't be said for the next guy who sells it.

If I slap a Charvel logo on one of my parts mutts (which I have done), I remove it before I sell it.
                    -Rick

Comment

The word replica isn't in there anywhere. The seller puposefully includes enough information to make you think it's either a Fender or a Charvel, but never actually says it's a Fender or a Charvel. I think this is very misleading and probably illegal. In my mind the seller is clearly hoping the buyer will think this is either legit Fender or Charvel product.
                      Is the maker the seller?

Comment

Lame +11.
                        Nice fiddle et al, but c'mon Sims! Did you have to slap a logo on there.
                        Now some guy who bought it is 'bay'ing it as a fender/charvel.

Comment

Devil's advocate here. So what if it had no logo at all? What is to stop the next guy from slapping a logo on it?
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by joshulator View Post
                            The word replica isn't in there anywhere. The seller puposefully includes enough information to make you think it's either a Fender or a Charvel, but never actually says it's a Fender or a Charvel. I think this is very misleading and probably illegal. In my mind the seller is clearly hoping the buyer will think this is either legit Fender or Charvel product.
                            Is the maker the seller?
                            He is smart not to include "Replica". I believe most auctions that have the "Replica" in the title will be pulled. I have seen EVH and Gibson Replicas pulled by ebay.

Comment

1600 for a new parts guitar? That's a bit steep - and it doesn't even have a wang-o-stick.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X