No announcement yet.

New Jackson site on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the 580LP a better & more expensive trem than the plain 580?

Comment

• Here's some European input...

I'm loving the new Jackson guitars webpage but there's a geographical / browsing issue in the "International Dealers" section definitely worth revising.

In the "Dealers" section, under "International Dealers," a "Jackson Germany" link is provided. However, beside the link, there are the flags for not only Germany, but Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, and Luxembourg as well. So when I click on "Jackson Germany," I mean to find Jackson dealers only in Germany, but then I'm flooded with the details for Jackson dealers in all the other said countries that I'm not interested in ordering from. Browsing this huge list of dealers is a hassle as I scroll about looking for dealers actually in Germany.

Hence, for the sake of browsing convenience: May I suggest splitting up this large "Jackson Germany" chunk of countries into smaller groups, just as has been done e.g. with Jackson Iberica, Scandinavia, U.K? My first suggestion would be to lump Belgium, Luxembourg, and Netherlands into its own group called "Jackson Benelux." You may have not heard the term "Benelux" before, but here in western / central Europe most people know that it refers to the grouping of Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg (which also happens to be an important economic union).

Then, you could have "Jackson Germany" as its own link listing only Jackson dealers in Germany (as there are so many of them), just as "Jackson France" only lists Jackson dealers in France.

Finally, Austria and Switzerland could be grouped into "Jackson Central Europe." Now, obviously, Germany is also part of Central Europe, but as mentioned above it should have its own dedicated "Jackson Germany" link simply because there are so many dealers in Germany that it makes browsing a hassle as soon as they are grouped with the dealers in other countries. "Jackson Central Europe" would be a good group name because Austria and Switzerland are of course both part of Central Europe, don't have that many dealers (= browsing convenience when listing Jackson Central Europe dealers), and most of all, it leaves room open in the future for listing dealers from additional Central European countries e.g. Czech Republic (where I'm from! ) or Poland, etc.

Comment

• Here's some European input...

I'm loving the new Jackson guitars webpage but there's a geographical / browsing issue in the "International Dealers" section definitely worth revising.

In the "Dealers" section, under "International Dealers," a "Jackson Germany" link is provided. However, beside the link, there are the flags for not only Germany, but Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, and Luxembourg as well. So when I click on "Jackson Germany," I mean to find Jackson dealers only in Germany, but then I'm flooded with the details for Jackson dealers in all the other said countries that I'm not interested in ordering from. Browsing this huge list of dealers is a hassle as I scroll about looking for dealers actually in Germany.

Hence, for the sake of browsing convenience: May I suggest splitting up this large "Jackson Germany" chunk of countries into smaller groups, just as has been done e.g. with Jackson Iberica, Scandinavia, U.K? My first suggestion would be to lump Belgium, Luxembourg, and Netherlands into its own group called "Jackson Benelux." You may have not heard the term "Benelux" before, but here in western / central Europe most people know that it refers to the grouping of Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg (which also happens to be an important economic union).

Then, you could have "Jackson Germany" as its own link listing only Jackson dealers in Germany (as there are so many of them), just as "Jackson France" only lists Jackson dealers in France.

Finally, Austria and Switzerland could be grouped into "Jackson Central Europe." Now, obviously, Germany is also part of Central Europe, but as mentioned above it should have its own dedicated "Jackson Germany" link simply because there are so many dealers in Germany that it makes browsing a hassle as soon as they are grouped with the dealers in other countries. "Jackson Central Europe" would be a good group name because Austria and Switzerland are of course both part of Central Europe, don't have that many dealers (= browsing convenience when listing Jackson Central Europe dealers), and most of all, it leaves room open in the future for listing dealers from additional Central European countries e.g. Czech Republic (where I'm from! ) or Poland, etc.

Comment

• you can say that again!

Comment

• Originally posted by phill_up View Post
            you can say that again!
            Click!
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

• sorry double post

Comment

• Just to be clear - I have a bunch of PM's and we've been working on the wrinkles. If you sent me a PM about the site, yes, you are getting a shirt. We'll start shipping them on Monday/Tuesday next week. Thanks for taking time to help us out on that front. We looked at that site so many times, back to when it was just a single page(!!!), that it's really helpful to have some critical eyes. Said it before and I'll say it again "You guys rule!"
                \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

• ^ Can I still get a shirt? lol I just bought my first Jackson.Should get here next week

Comment

• Originally posted by McD View Post
                    Just to be clear - I have a bunch of PM's and we've been working on the wrinkles. If you sent me a PM about the site, yes, you are getting a shirt. We'll start shipping them on Monday/Tuesday next week. Thanks for taking time to help us out on that front. We looked at that site so many times, back to when it was just a single page(!!!), that it's really helpful to have some critical eyes. Said it before and I'll say it again "You guys rule!"
                    Thanks! I imagine most of us here would say that you lot at Jackson are even more awesome than we are.

I think it should be a really good site once the bugs are dealt with. I can't imagine many errors will be able to evade the eyes of the JCF for long.

Have you thought about the suggestion that was made a page or two back, about having photos of every guitar in every finish? I think that would improve the site a great deal. A good example, actually, is that I never knew how good a KE2 looked in Copper Snakeskin until I saw the picture on your new site. I probably wouldn't have ever considered getting a Kelly in that colour if I hadn't seen the picture but now I really want one. If all the guitars were pictured in all the finishes, then the site could cause even more Guitar Acquisition Syndrome than it does already!
                    Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat; 11-09-2008, 02:45 PM.
                    I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
                      Have you thought about the suggestion that was made a page or two back, about having photos of every guitar in every finish? I think that would improve the site a great deal. A good example, actually, is that I never knew how good a KE2 looked in Copper Snakeskin until I saw the picture on your new site. I probably wouldn't have ever considered getting a Kelly in that colour if I hadn't seen the picture but now I really want one. If all the guitars were pictured in all the finishes, then the site could cause even more Guitar Acquisition Syndrome than it does already!
                      +1 one here!!! The Copper Snakeskin Kelly looks killer!
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• Originally posted by McD View Post
                        Just to be clear - I have a bunch of PM's and we've been working on the wrinkles. If you sent me a PM about the site, yes, you are getting a shirt. We'll start shipping them on Monday/Tuesday next week. Thanks for taking time to help us out on that front. We looked at that site so many times, back to when it was just a single page(!!!), that it's really helpful to have some critical eyes. Said it before and I'll say it again "You guys rule!"
                        NO YOU GUYS RULE!!!!!!!!

we're just the pawns, you guys are the kings!
                        USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                        USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

• Thanks to all that helped. I've got 40 PM's with feedback - some duplicated, but you're all getting a shirt. If you sent me something about the site bugs - please PM me again (sorry) with the following information:

Shirt size:
                          Mailing Address:

Thanks again!
                          \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

• This is a really minor website error or its just a screw counter technicality not even a true website error. So I dont expect a shirt for it but just wanted to point it out.

On the page with the Guitar Player magazine with Andreas Kisser from Scepultura I think I got his name spelled correct. It says he is holding a early RR1t and its actually a Rhoads PCS from the early 90's. Maybe you guys said RR1T so people can order a similar guitar so it may not be a mistake at all and I have too much time on my hands.

Did not think it was worth sending a PM since it may not even be a error.

Comment

• No Custom Shop gallery to give us GAS?

Comment

• McD you got PM sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X