Stumped no mo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumped no mo

This is exactly the same body pickup layout with Preamp, but mine has the Floyd. Mine also has the Translucent Red and not the sunbust.
    I found this on a German Website. He is calling it a STX Custom am I onto something.

Originally posted by sirpixalot View Post
    http://www.smalltownbluesman.de/charvel01b.htm

This is exactly the same body pickup layout with Preamp, but mine has the Floyd. Mine also has the Translucent Red and not the sunbust.
    I found this on a German Website. He is calling it a STX Custom am I onto something.

Here is the site translated into English:

Changes of the Charvel STX Custom

Thus it looked at the beginning: four Charvel Pickups, which did not sound too tender badly, but somewhat, and a circuit with 15 sounds, and not one Humbucker sound.
    As the first I inserted Seymour Duncan (SD) to Hot Rail Humbucker and soldered the mini switch over, so that one could select between SD and Charvel PU. Now there were still 7 sounds, but still too gently. Then the radical solution: I bought a new Pickguard, carved it too, inserted 2 SD Hot Rail, which I had expenditure-feasted from the first Fenix, and loud talking skirt a SingleCoil. Not badly.

Now a OBL Pickup into the center, which looks like a Hot Rail, came, but only a strong noiseless SingleCoil is. Now the sound was perfect.

further

Comment

That's an ST Custom from '90 - '91:

The STX Custom had the JT-590 floyd rather than that trem. Both had the harpoon headstock rather than the eagle beak headstock like the one from your other thread.

btw, this might've been better in that thread rather than starting a new one. Just sayin'.
      Last edited by dg; 11-04-2008, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X