Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson name change to Jackson by Fender.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson name change to Jackson by Fender.

A friend of mine told me that he heard that Jackson's name is going to be changed to Jackson by Fender. Any of you know if this is true? And if so, will this name be used when ordering a custom shop?

LOL Where do people come up with this stuff? Fender bought Jackson 6 years ago. Jackson is still being run as a separate company under the Fender corporation.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
      *Cough cough*
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

They aren't gonna ruin the brand by doing that.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

So, would it then be "Charvel by Jackson by Fender"? That would look snappy on the headstock.

Comment

Ya know, even IF it were true it wouldn't bother me a bit. I have zero plans of ever buying a new Jackson again anyway. :ROTF:
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
            So, would it then be "Charvel by Jackson by Fender"? That would look snappy on the headstock.
            No, because it's not even Charvel by Jackson now. It's Charvel. Charvel and Jackson are now classified as two separate divisions/brands, like Gretsch and Guild.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Different brands, yes. Different divisions, no.

Both the Jackson and Charvel brands are under the corporate organization of Jackson / Charvel Musical Instruments, Inc. (JCMI).

And JCMI is wholly owned by FMIC (Fender Musical Instruments Corp), which includes the Fender brand.
              Last edited by shreddermon; 11-06-2008, 07:52 PM.

Comment

It was never "Charvel by Jackson" was it? Wasn't it "Charvel by Jackson/Charvel?"

Maybe they changed this later?

-------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

I heard Wayne Charvel changed his name to Grover Jackson and they're really the same person.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    I heard Wayne Charvel changed his name to Grover Jackson and they're really the same person.
                    Really? I heard he had two separate personalities. He apparently would come into work some days and say "Who's Wayne? I'm Grover.".
                    Last edited by Ben...; 11-06-2008, 10:32 PM.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Check your USA Production Series' hang tags - it says Charvel Guitars and gives the Scottsdale address. No mention of "JCMI" or "By Jackson/Charvel".

The 80's are over; Charvel and Jackson are as different now in terms of branding as Gretsch and Guild.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sh!t! I better print up some new business cards.

McD (by Brian)
                        \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Good one Toe.

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                            Sh!t! I better print up some new business cards.

McD (by Brian)
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

ah crap.

I hoped for another raise of value for the pre-fender Jacksons.
                              '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Working...
                              X