Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson name change to Jackson by Fender.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Check your USA Production Series' hang tags - it says Charvel Guitars and gives the Scottsdale address. No mention of "JCMI" or "By Jackson/Charvel".

The 80's are over; Charvel and Jackson are as different now in terms of branding as Gretsch and Guild.
    Yeah, and the neck plates say otherwise. :ROTF:

From the bottom of both the Charvel and Jackson websites:

"©2008 JCMI, Inc. All rights reserved."

That appears all over the place, my friend. They are seperate brands, but within the same company: JCMI. 'nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
      Sh!t! I better print up some new business cards.

McD (by Brian)
      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I heard Wayne Charvel changed his name to Grover Jackson and they're really the same person.
        No, It was Wayne and Grover Jackson. They are brothers. Charvel was just the mailman's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
          Really? I heard he had two separate personalities? He apparently would come into work some days and say "Who's Wayne? I'm Grover.".
          Dude for a young guy you are quick witted!

Comment

damn why am I getting this
            PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24576 bytes) in Z:\Inetpub\wwwroot\jcf\jcfonline\www\forums\includ es\class_mail.php on line 899

Comment

Thanks for the info. I knew it was fishy because it wouldn't make sense of them changing the name after owning the company for such a long time and endorsing artists. Once again, much appreciated. I can simply say that I can't wait to get my custom Rhoads soon.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                Dude for a young guy you are quick witted!
                Haha, thanks. I do my beary bestest. People who know my sense of humour find me funny but very few people do. It's a shame that no one at my school ever gets any of my jokes because they have a combined IQ of 10. I had a history test that I got back today. I got an 82 which is okay for me; it was first test of the year and the teacher is a grammar Nazi(though he's super-ultra-hilarious). More than half of my class failed it and it was an incredibly easy test. I only got 82 because I ran out of time so I couldn't proofread for spelling and grammatical errors.

Last edited by Ben...; 11-07-2008, 11:46 PM.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Actually, it would be a clever move. There would be a run on Jacksons by everyone (except JCFers, of course) and Fender/Jackson would get a huge boost in sales.
                  Dude's would be asking the GC clerk: "Hey man, I need a pre-Fender logo Jackson. NOW!"
                  8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

I'd like to see a Fender Neck thru Flying V. Fender by Jackson. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by ben... View Post
                      i couldn't profread for spelling

Fail!!
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                        Fail!!
                        Oh psh. We had 40 minutes to write an essay about who was the main country to start the First World War. We also had to analyze six documents, takes notes about them and then incorporate them into our essay. I wrote five pages of stuff so proofreading all of that in under 2 minutes would have been impossible to do.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                          Ya know, even IF it were true it wouldn't bother me a bit. I have zero plans of ever buying a new Jackson again anyway. :ROTF:
                          **+1 on that! Way better deals, from a Forum member..used!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                            Oh psh. We had 40 minutes to write an essay about who was the main country to start the First World War. We also had to analyze six documents, takes notes about them and then incorporate them into our essay. I wrote five pages of stuff so proofreading all of that in under 2 minutes would have been impossible to do.
                            You missed the joke, Ben. You misspelled "proofread" in your post.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                              damn why am I getting this
                              Cause you've filled up the BS meter...as usual :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                                You missed the joke, Ben. You misspelled "proofread" in your post.
                                I didn't notice until now. Yes, even I make spelling mistakes once in while. Big surprise considering I'm mildly dyslexic. If it weren't for Firefox spell-checking everything my spelling would absolutely horrific. My grammar, on the other hand, is perfect as per usual. I've always been incredibly strict on it so I seldom make any grammatical errors.

You guys win this round...
                                "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Working...
                                X