Locking Tuners for my Jackson SLSMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking Tuners for my Jackson SLSMG

i have an SLSMG which i use to back up my SL-1. since this guitar does not have a floyd rose like the SL-1 has, i figure maybe locking tuners will give the SLSMG at least some of the tuning stability that the SL-1 has. although this is my first post here i did do some browsing around for the topic (as well as other forums), and from what i gathered the Planet Waves auto trim tuners were drop in replacements for Jacksons. Problem is, i got a set (3 per side) and while they can be put in without drilling holes they come in at an odd angle that actually has the tuning keys up against (or in some cases behind) the headstock. obviously this presents a problem for tuning the guitar aside from the fact that it looks ridiculous, so im going to have to send these back. what locking tuners could i get that would drop right in without drilling or having this same problem? would the shaller minis work? i think i also heard somewhere that if you buy two sets of planet waves (a set of 6 left and a set of 6 right) you can take 3 from each and make that work, but that sounds like an awful lot of trouble. thanks for any help im sorry for the long post.

schaller locking tuners are availible in 3x3 and are direct replacement for the stock jackson tuners . I have them on a couple of my jackson and they work great!

Comment

I wouldn't even bother with locking tuners. With a fixed bridge, just stretch your strings out well and you'll be good.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Have to agree with Toejam.

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
          schaller locking tuners are availible in 3x3 and are direct replacement for the stock jackson tuners . I have them on a couple of my jackson and they work great!
          are these the schaller mini locking tuners that warmoth.com has or a different model?

Comment

Based on a thread shreddermon posted here when he was looking for locking tuners for a Y2KV, Schallers come with different screw tab angles depending on where you get them, even though they all have the same model #. He got the right ones from Warmoth.

Found the thread:

Last edited by dg; 11-08-2008, 01:39 PM.

Comment

awesome man thanks for the help. i was planning on trying those warmoth schaller minis anyway because in the picture it looked like they had the right screw angle. i just wanted to see if schaller makes a better model that i should know about.

Comment

I'm not sure Schallers will be a direct replacement for the standard Jackson tuners, which are made by Gotoh. They were drop-in replacements for a Y2KV because - unlike other Jacksons - the Y2KV model came standard with Schaller (non-locking) tuners. I'm not sure they'll be direct "drop in" replacements for the Gotohs.

Comment

I only use Schallers tuners for easy string changes, I don't have to wind as much.

Comment

Working...
                  X