Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a useless $2700 custom plus had to pay 78 dollars for FMIC to tell me.. w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
    I owned a custom shop Fender Jimi Hendrix Monterey Strat that had one of the most gorgeous birdseye necks I've ever seen. Not only was it beautiful, it was rock solid in the stability depaartment. I think it all depends on how the necks are sealed.

Makes sense. Birdseye if sealed can't be affected by the environment.
    Birdseye and no finish? = recipe for trouble.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Go get them. The 18 months, yeah I see a possible argument, but go get them. If they did a repair then they should be able to explain (not have you figure out) what they did in very simple terms. If they did ANY REPAIR AT ALL then they acknowledged that there is a problem. If they acknowledged a problem the they have acknowledged that a repair is a SOLUTION. If FMIC's chosen solution did not fix the problem then FMIC needs to come up with ANOTHER SOLUTION.

In my view if they've touched it, then its up to them to fix it. If they got it and maintained that "no repair was needed then I would think you had a tougher task ahead. If they changed the guitar then I think you have the upper hand.

Sorry you are going through this. Good looking guitar except for the part you are upset about.
      Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

I know this will be taken care of, did you pm "bionic" ?

AND off topic. . .what's with that Sig above? WTF ?
        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post

We exchanged PMs and he is getting to the bottom of it. I have not received a reply but I am sure its because of the Holidays so I am not worried.

Comment

85 San Dimas is correct. If custom shop OR authorized dealer messed with it, they accept that something's wrong. They could have looked at it and said, there's nothing wrong....OR, it's been 18 months, we won't touch that. But they touched it because they likely have a policy that they will back up their product.

Now they need to do that. Someone at the Custom Shop needs to read posts like this and realize that this will definitely affect some people's interest in buying their product. Personally, I like the original San Dimas stuff and am not that interested in new stuff. For the right model, I could consider it ---- but not after reading this.

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post

You know, I didn't PM him I don't think. I'll have to check.

AND WTF WTF? (LOL) Is there a question in that WTF? (LOL). Not to be off topic or anything. It's a constantly evolving set of strangin' instruments. it's about half of what I have and all 500 characters will allow. I play and cherish every one. Usually I let the sig go in on my first post on a topic then kill it the rest of the way through the thread but every once in a while I forget to uncheck. My apologies.
              Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
              98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
                You know, I didn't PM him I don't think. I'll have to check.

AND WTF WTF? (LOL) Is there a question in that WTF? (LOL). Not to be off topic or anything. It's a constantly evolving set of strangin' instruments. it's about half of what I have and all 500 characters will allow. I play and cherish every one. Usually I let the sig go in on my first post on a topic then kill it the rest of the way through the thread but every once in a while I forget to uncheck. My apologies.
                But, what's the purpose of it?

It's like that on Harmony Central. A bunch of people have all their gear listed in their sigs. I just don't get it. Is it a contest? :dunno::dunno:
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                  But, what's the purpose of it?

It's like that on Harmony Central. A bunch of people have all their gear listed in their sigs. I just don't get it. Is it a contest? :dunno::dunno:
                  I've always thought of sigs as something to show something you find important or funny and not how much gear you have.
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                    I've always thought of sigs as something to show something you find important or funny and not how much gear you have.
                    Me too. In most forums, I turn sigs off, so I don't have to look at it, especially when they have pictures enabled in sigs. That's really annoying.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Charvel will be contacting me later to ship the guitar. It appears guitar center in San Jose was trying to screw me around. FMIC claims to have never received the guitar which I can beleive since it was exactley how I dropped it off.

I am going to get a hold of the GC manager once and for all today even if I have to go down there to wait for him. I want to know what I paid that money for.

Thanks to Bionic for looking into this situation for me.

Comment

Glad to see there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                          Charvel will be contacting me later to ship the guitar. It appears guitar center in San Jose was trying to screw me around. FMIC claims to have never received the guitar which I can beleive since it was exactley how I dropped it off.
                          That's kind of what I figured - they didn't do jack with your guitar.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Ahhh yes, another satisfied Guitar Center customer..
                            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

How many times has a GC employee offered to call me later with information and how many times have I left a message for a specific employee to call me back? I've stopped counting. How often have the employees and even managers actually followed through and answered questions asked, providing needed information and actually rendered what could be called mediocre customer service? I'd say they are averaging at about 10% companywide, from my perspective. Still stuck shopping there, much to my chagrin. Last time I made a local GC, the store manager lied his ass off to make the sale (These floor model monitors that show years of wear actually just came out of the box, bro!). Did get a good price. What yah gonna do?

Comment

Who was the salesperson that you dealt with in Santa Clara?

-Nate
                                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                                X