• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Rhoads XTRR

Were these an import?
    What years were they made?
    Specs?

If anyone on here owns one, or has pictures could you please post them?
    I tried to look in the catalog scans for more info, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks
    -Joe
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Did you do a search on the forum for XTRRs? There are a few owners here that have posted pics. Neilli (Ian) off the top of my head has a few of them.

Comment

I have been searching for an XTRR for over a year now and haven't found one, they are badass jacksons, i would kill to get one!! But its gotta be black

Comment

Yeah, have a search through the forums - there are pics of all mine scattered around here in various threads. Otherwise I can post 'em again.

Whatever, they are basically custom order only, but they were available as part of USA Select range in (if I remember correctly) 2000 and 2001. They are in the catalogues for those years, so check again I was told that there are only 120 or so production guitars out there and the rest are custom. The production specs were rev inlays and head, 2 Duncan hums, recessed floyd, no pickguard, 22 frets, oiled neck. And obviously specs for the custom orders will vary.

I have a list of all the XTRRs I could think of somewhere...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

USA, came out in 2000, only lasted a couple years until discontinued. Alder, oiled maple neck (though, I believe some did have painted necks) 22 frets, reverse sharks and headstock, Duncan Invader and Full Shred, recessed Floyd and one volume control. http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=52&pos=4

I passed on this one from ebay a few years ago. Seller offered it to me for $1200 and I kick myself for passing on it.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
            they are badass jacksons, i would kill to get one!! But its gotta be black
            Well kill someone rich then and drop me a PM... (joking)

Comment

Thanks for the info, and thanks for the link and pictures Joe.
              As some of you know, I am working on a left handed Rhoads that was originally a King V body, which I amputated one of the wings, so now it resembles an XTRR, except mine is a bolt on.

I didn't have any info on them and I dont see how I missed them in the catalog?
              Neilli, did you buy all of yours new? Are they C/S, or porduction?
              What body wood were those?
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven

Comment

Apart from one black USA Select (EMGs), mine are all CS.

From my personal custom orders, I have one full mahogany with a maple top, one flame maple centre with mahogany wings and a maple top, and one alder. The others I'm not sure about, apart from one which is a flame maple centre with mahogany wings and a maple top.... Cptn USA is very, very light weight, so maybe it's balsa?

Comment

Neilli, I found your guitars in the archives. You have some nice guitars.
                  Not sure if this one is yours or not, but this is pretty much how mine is gonna be, except for a single EMG.

Here's the picture only reversed, so I could see what it would look like as a lefty:

I saw a blood drip XTRR in the archives, which was really fuggin cool too!
                  I can't wait to get this project done. Thanks for the help and inspiration!
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven

Comment

I have one much like that, only it doesn't have the added tone control and still has black tuners...

Comment

you should sell it to me

Comment

I passed on one off E-Bay once so someone else on the board could get it. I was supposed to get first shot at it if it went up for sale. I forgot who that was. I should have written it down. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                          I have been searching for an XTRR for over a year now and haven't found one, they are badass jacksons, i would kill to get one!! But its gotta be black
                          I gave up the search/waiting for one to pop up on Ebay. So I have one on order thru the Custom Shop. Plus now I get all the colors and features I want

Well there is this one-

Last edited by Mikernaut2; 11-26-2008, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Yea i have seen that one up there for a while , its not the same its basically an RR1 down sized . If i ordered one thru the custom shop and spec'd it out to be exactly as the original spec's would it still cost me custom shop price??

Comment

Yeah, if you order an XTRR it's a full custom. And they're more expensive than anything on the form as well - I think the list base price for an RR is 4100, but an XTRR is 4400.

Comment

Working...
                              X