No announcement yet.

Jackson Rhoads XTRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's alot of money for sure. You'd think it would be less because the wing isn't as long as a regular Rhaods.
    But since it's not a regular 'production' model i guess thats probably why?
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I have 7 guitars currently...and this sucker is molested waaaaaaay more than anything else...Since 99'

It is the "Production" prototype...Not to be confused with "The first" XTRR

This was made in the custon shop as the model for the production XTRR. So it has a black cherry paint job and the CS logo...Only thing I did was throw out those Invaders and replaced them with EMG 81/85's (18v)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Very cool man, thanks for sharing that pic.
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven

Comment

Nice pic!. I don't know what it is but an reverse headstock on XTRR's just looks super cool to me.

Yeah pricewise your looking around $4k for a customshop one.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
            That's alot of money for sure. You'd think it would be less because the wing isn't as long as a regular Rhaods. But since it's not a regular 'production' model i guess thats probably why?
            Yeah, anything 'unusual' carries a premium, even if they do save 3" of wood!
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
              It is the "Production" prototype...Not to be confused with "The first" XTRR
              That's a cool one for sure! This one is listed just as a prototype, so I guess this would be the proto for the production proto

Comment

Yes...Exactly!

The OFR made the only diff there...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Yeah, paint aside, I think it's just the Floyd. For what it's worth, my black USA select is among the best sounding of my XTRRs!

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                    Yeah, anything 'unusual' carries a premium, even if they do save 3" of wood!
                    Yeah it's too bad that some of the CS policies are the way they are. I wish I ran that company, cause I'd reissue those bodies every year or do a bi-yearly run of them at a reasonable cost to the Jackson faithful.
                    But what can ya do??

I'm a King V guy, but these XTRR's are a very close second. I love the Kelly Star as well. I'd like to see that one make a come back.
                    'Howling in shadows
                    Living in a lunar spell
                    He finds his heaven

Comment

Well you have to look at it from Jackson's perspective - will a production model XTRR cause a drop in CS orders? If so, it's probably not worth their while, cos they won't sell enough production models to offset the loss of CS orders. Or something like that...

Still, I'd love to see some 'short term' production models, like a single hum soloist, XTRR etc, which can only be ordered for a couple of months but which are at USA Select pricing. Not likely to happen though....

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                        Well you have to look at it from Jackson's perspective - will a production model XTRR cause a drop in CS orders? If so, it's probably not worth their while, cos they won't sell enough production models to offset the loss of CS orders. Or something like that...

Still, I'd love to see some 'short term' production models, like a single hum soloist, XTRR etc, which can only be ordered for a couple of months but which are at USA Select pricing. Not likely to happen though....
                        I see what you mean about that for sure.
                        I'm with you on the short term production runs.
                        And besides that might fuel the GAS for new players to have one built. Having the product out there for people to see is the best thing for business, and most of the public doesn't see the NAMM guitars and such.
                        'Howling in shadows
                        Living in a lunar spell
                        He finds his heaven

Comment

oh! nice pics people!, i can finally see the difference between a standard rhoads, and an XTRR, smaller body and the upper horn doesn't curve as much as the standard right?

Comment

do you guys know where i can get a full size routing template for the XTRR's body shape? I'm trying to build one out of scratch.

Comment

Here's an RR1 and an XTRR side by side. They're not quite hanging at the same height due to the rev head, but it shows the differences...

Comment

Originally posted by butterflyrhoads View Post
                                do you guys know where i can get a full size routing template for the XTRR's body shape? I'm trying to build one out of scratch.
                                Trace an RR body, and then make the upper wing shorter. I used a King V body and drew the XTRR shape onto it, by eye balling a magazine photo and it turned out really nice.
                                'Howling in shadows
                                Living in a lunar spell
                                He finds his heaven

Comment

Working...
                                X