ESP Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESP Rhoads

And for the record if people want a Jackson, then buy one damnit. There is no need to slap a Jackson headstock on an ESP guitar, it is just plain wrong.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats one Fugly Ax!

[img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

I can see all us 'forumites' around one now, poking it with sticks going 'Rhoads?'

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

heheheheheh

Andy!

Comment

I don't think that guitar deserves the correct spelling. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
        So for the record refer to it is a Rodes, Rhodes, Rhoades copy.
        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer77:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by slayer:
          I like it except for the String Tree [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] angle the damn headstock already. Some ESP`s are very nice, but I still think they are overpriced and I don`t like the neck feel as well, and I would rather keep my business on the Made In USA stuff. Jack.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't see any string trees [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Right above the locking nut, there is a black string tree/guide whatever it's called...ugly...

Comment

Man ESP ripps off everyone elses designs. They even copied the Jackson headstock. Real original thinking A-holes. I wonder if that is a copyright infringement? But I guess if its not marketed in the U.S. they can get away with it. Seems too me ESP did that with the Kramer hockey stick headstock on the Lynch models also. I guess it's cheaper to copy a winner than to work hard to create one of your own.

Ric

Comment

It's a nice looking guitar but I could do without the inlays. I don't wanna sound like I'm anti-drug because I toke from time to time but I don't think it's something that should be put out there on a guitar and be glorifed like that.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Explorer77:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by slayer:
                I like it except for the String Tree [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] angle the damn headstock already. Some ESP`s are very nice, but I still think they are overpriced and I don`t like the neck feel as well, and I would rather keep my business on the Made In USA stuff. Jack.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't see any string trees [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Right above the locking nut, there is a black string tree/guide whatever it's called...ugly... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">actually esps angled headstocks have those so does ibanez's angled headstocks.

Comment

Im with you ChickenScratch. I too enjoy a joint or a few bongs occasionally but this whole 'weed culture' thing is starting to piss me off.
                  You wouldnt put pint/shot glasses as inlays or if you were a big-ass greedy ****er you wouldnt have a knife and fork. Yes we know you smoke weed, and no we dont care or give a f*ck about that.
                  [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Disclaimer - I do know that 'dont care' and 'dont give a f*ck' are the same thing [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Better a pot leaf than a 8-ball, I'd say!

I see no reason to get upset about that inlay, other than to not buy it if you don't want one. Personally I don't like the Pirahna inlays on some Jacksons, but I just don't buy one. If you smoke pot
                    yourself, but think that inlay is wrong,
                    then that IS a bit hypocritical. If the crackheads smoked only pot instead there
                    would be far fewer murders, and even though it impairs your driving, it does so far less than 10 or 12 drinks.

I rarely toke anymore, but that's for health reasons. Pot is much less harmful
                    than alcohol other than the legality aspect. Michael Anthony has a Jack Daniels bass and there's nothing wrong with that; it's rock and roll. Neither
                    is there aything wrong with a guitar with
                    pot leaf inlays. If the guitar itself sucks, then that's another matter.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

ESP has no original designs except the Devil Girl thing, and looking at it, it looks more like Gibson's "USA Map" guitar [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As for Jackson not having any original designs - there's a difference between a King V and a Gibson V. The Rhoads and King are merely BASED ON the Gibson V, however, ESPs are DIRECT COPIES of the Jackson Vs and Dinky/Soloist models. Yes Charvel used Fender's headstock and body dimensions, but that was how Charvel started off, remember? Jackson started as a completely true Custom Shop, and though they have made a few dozen Fender-sized Strat bodies and Gibson-copies as Custom Shop/Limited production models, they have not built their entire business out of it like ESP has.
                      The few Jackson Gibson copies I've seen have been dimensionally different from real Gibsons to be classified as "Jackson's design" (corner angles, etc etc).

Newc

[ August 03, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

you really think that headstock is that similar to a jackson headstock? looks like the normal ESP headstock to me... even if it was a jackson headstock, they wouldn't be the first to be copycats. Charvel strat-heads anyone? They can use that banana/sock kramer head all they want, kramer went out of business anyway. besides, I think ESP made some of those necks for kramer... I like the string-retainer. it's a sign of class IMO. too many cheapo guitars are made with a larger headstock angle to eliminate that. Also, Jackson aren't very original when it comes to bodyshapes either. they are all based on earlier designs. goes for almost all manufacturers.

I'm not a big fan of those inlays, but the rest of the guitar doesn't seem bad at all. Actually, if I could afford buying a USA Soloist, I'd still take a look at the ESPs in the pricerange before I made up my mind.
                        I guitar, therefore, I am a Guitarer

http://iguitarer.blogspot.com

Comment

I want one with heroin needles and coke spoons and razors alternating down the fretboard. Then I could really be a rebel.

Comment

Hey Jamesy, nothing to worry about!

I have congestive heart failure, which means my heart is enlarged above normal, and because of that my system is inefficient at removing fluids. This causes fluid to build up in your lungs, and smoking anything exacerbates the problem. I am also diabetic and have high blood pressure.

These conditions can be life-threatening,
                            but you can also live a normally long life if you adjust your lifestyle to avoid smoking, drinking and unhealthy foods. Sounds like a drag, but compared to the alternative, not at all. My boss's dad had the same conditions and lived to age 83, which is my own plan!

I slip off the wagon on rare occasions, and enjoy myself, but always feel it the next day, so it keeps me honest in the main.

I respect your position on the inlays, it's the same I have about those pirahnas
                            but if someone else likes 'em, power to them. Some prefer dots to fins even, and
                            power to them too! I just feel that with
                            pentagrams and upside down crosses on guitars with no comment, pot leafs are kind of mild to get upset about. Of course, everybody has a different idea of
                            good, bad and ugly.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Newc: well, I agree that the soloist/dinky and V and other jackson designs are different from the basic strat and Gibson V design. but not by much. just because you take a design and make it more radical doesn't mean it's a totally new design. Everyone is copying eachother, trying to make small improvements in the designs, and it has always been that way. nothing to be upset about. So what if a specific design seems to be a direct ripoff at a first glance? they are different enough not to be mixed up if only due to the headstock or the shaping of the heel. IMO ESPs SG and LP-like designs seem VERY different from Gibsons designs.

Btw, have you checked out some of the signature guitars for the japanese market? some interesting (as in "weird") designs there which I can't recall seeing anywhere else (unless they were in a Prince video or something). The only reason we aren't seeing them is that they're just too weird to sell outside japan.

I'm thinking a lot of people here are acting like it's an outrage that ESP are using a soloist or V-like design, but not a word is spoken when it's a lesser quality guitar...

[ August 04, 2003, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: 86barettaguy ]
                              I guitar, therefore, I am a Guitarer

http://iguitarer.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                                I want one with heroin needles and coke spoons and razors alternating down the fretboard. Then I could really be a rebel.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X