ESP Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESP Rhoads

Yeah I've seen some of those foreign-market ESP designs - makes the AntiGravity bass look normal [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Akira has some Killer models outside the RG body style that are just too sick for me [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Welcome back, Newc!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I see your point Rich. Hypocritical my point of view may be, I stand by it. Yeah I like the occasional joint, but I dont make it like my life's mission to get caned, like a lot of people I know. And they've got pot leaf emblems on everything and badges that say 'pot smoker' and like 'stoner' and everything and that just kinda p*sses me off. Its more like Im annoyed with that 'scene' than the whole thing. I mean Im not saying those inlays are wrong, hey its not my guitar, but I wouldnt have them on mine, thats all. It comes from my annoyance with the people I know that smoke a lot of pot, that are all like "look at me, I smoke pot, how cool am I. Now lets make everything geared towards getting caned" and all that.
        I didnt mean to start a drugs debate [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] just wanted to say that the pot leaf inlays arent my scene [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jamesy

PS - Rich you mentioned health reasons for not toking... You ok bud?...

Comment

[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

...........just another ESP rip-off from a company with probably 90% of it's crap ripped off from other guita makers. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Rich - Hell! Thats pretty bad. I hope you do ok dude.
            Good point about the inverted pentagrams and crucifixes, Id never really thought about it like that, Ive always thought they looked cool, and never put any thought into how other people may react to these symbols that have been connected with satanism and the occult. I just like how they look. And now we're back to the whole "pot inlays are sh*t - but its not my guitar" debate [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] - we've come full circle! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Jamesy, thanks for the good wishes. The
              health news is old news; I got sick 5-1/2
              years ago, which is when I had to make the changes in lifestyle. The docs were
              not optimistic 'cos they looked at a long
              haired rocker dude and figured I wouldn't
              stop my bad habits. My dad died of the same conditions at age 54 though, so at
              40 I decided it was last call to get my sh!t together, and that's what I did (more or less). I'm sure those docs all
              figure I'm dead by now, and would be if I hadn't quit heavy partying.

Anyway, the inlay question does come full circle. I wouldn't want the pentagrams on my guitar but would be cool with the pot leafs; it's all a matter of choice.
              Neither means the same to one of us as it does the other, which is why we're each averse to an inlay the other likes.

Can we agree that sharkfins are cool?!?!?
              [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Aha. Hope you keep in good practice then mate [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'M OFFENDED BY SHARKFINS!!! They are a mockery to those who have been lost at sea [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                J/K

Yeah sharkfins rule [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Jamesy

PS - Im drawing nearer to getting a Peavey amp [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , finally.

Comment

Working...
                X