Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get a Charvel USA guitar cheaper than a USA Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a Charvel USA guitar cheaper than a USA Strat?

I'm getting depressed at how much I'm wearing down my KV2 frets in 1 short year.

I'd like to keep it in good condition for recording, and my CS KV for playing live.

But I need a guitar that I can tear up at home. Practice my licks, write some songs with.

Also, are there any production USA Charvels or Strats that come with SS frets?

I don't think so. You can order a Carvin with medium or jumbo SS frets, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No production stainless frets as Toejam said. But yes, you can get a USA Charvel for less than a Fender Strat. The new line of USA Charvels like the Socal and the Style 1 and 2 are $999 and sometimes less on E-Bay! Grab one of those and play the hell out of it.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I've always heard stainless steel frets eat up strings really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by triplehold View Post
          I have too but I'd still like to try SS frets.

Comment

Well, given that they're rounded and smooth, I don't see how they could et the strings, unless they're not smooth. Granted, metal on metal will produce wear between the two, and the weaker-density item will give way to the higher-density one.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by triplehold View Post
              I've never heard that. But I've heard stainless steel strings will eat up normal frets quicker. I guess it would cancel each other out if you used SS frets and SS strings.

Comment

And a SS pick
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That too! :ROTF:

Comment

Yeah- I've heard that also about stainless steel strings and the guys that use those metal picks have told me they dog up strings real quick. I'm basic old school- I always thought nickel was the "musical" element needed in guitars, strings, pickups and speakers.

Comment

I've used SS strings a few times about 20 years ago, but I found them to be a little bright for my tastes. I didn't notice any extra fret wear, but maybe because I didn't use them long enough.

Comment

Man, you guys take metal music to the extreme. SS frets, SS strings, SS picks
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

About half my guitars have SS frets, and I have noticed no difference in wear on D'Addario strings.
                          -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            I have too but I'd still like to try SS frets.
                            Rather the strings than the frets.
                            '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                            '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                            '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                            '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                            '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                            '13 Gibson M-III
                            Taylor 214CE
                            Dean 6-string Bass
                            Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
                              Rather the strings than the frets.

+10 for Tone Zone. Strings are cheap. Especially for a Jackson with binding Nibs.
                              Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                              98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
                              X