Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get a Charvel USA guitar cheaper than a USA Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
    Rather the strings than the frets.
    Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
    +10 for Tone Zone. Strings are cheap. Especially for a Jackson with binding Nibs.
    The whole point about SS frets is they don't wear down like normal frets do.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I never had a string problem with SS frets when I played a Parker Fly..
      http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

I would suggest for you to snag up an older import King V to play at home since you like the shape so much.
        the plus side is that the necks can be replaced much cheaper.
        The older imports had 22 frets up to 2000. The KV3 being the "top model".

2001 (FMIC) was the first year for 24 frets on a King V, but they were string thru body. I believe that 2006 was the first year that a Floyd Rose was offered again.

If it were me though, i'd continue playing your guitar until the frets got real bad then I'd have it refretted with SS and real jumbo frets.
        (the KV's didn't have true Super Jumbos like advertised)

If you are wearing the frets down after less than a year of playing that means you are doing alot of playing! (Or your action is too low)
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Chris Caffery of Savatage used steel pics back with Criss Oliva. I remember him saying that while on tour they changed strings every day. I don't know if that is out of the ordinary or not, never having been on tour myself, but it seems pretty excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by triplehold View Post
            Yeah- I've heard that also about stainless steel strings and the guys that use those metal picks have told me they dog up strings real quick. I'm basic old school- I always thought nickel was the "musical" element needed in guitars, strings, pickups and speakers.
            I always thought it was Brass. I have a pick made from an old cymbal that I like.

SS frets seems ok with me. I had them on a Carvin I sold to a JCF'er (nothing wrong with the guitar, but I needed the money).

I'd use them again no problem.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
              Chris Caffery of Savatage used steel pics back with Criss Oliva. I remember him saying that while on tour they changed strings every day. I don't know if that is out of the ordinary or not, never having been on tour myself, but it seems pretty excessive.
              Nah.
              Depending on how long the set is and how hard you play. I could see restringing every day.
              At worst, it makes sure that your tech do a good once over of the guitar before the show. You don't want to break a string with the paying audience there.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
              X