Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does any current Jackson fit these specifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does any current Jackson fit these specifications?

Without mentioning the Custom Shop, is there any Jackson out there today that would possibly fit these specifications?

-Any body style. I'm not picky.
    -Tunomatic or hardtail. Any fixed bridge.
    -Any scale neck. 25.5" is preferred because that's what I'm used to, but it doesn't matter.
    -Oiled, unpainted neck.
    -Neckthrough.
    -24 frets is preferred, but not crucial.

The RR5 sounds tempting, but it doesn't have the 24 frets I would like, and I'm not sure whether the neck is oiled and unpainted or not. Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to Jackson's guitar specs.

I'm really tempted to buy a guitar with my listed specifications. Someone please point me in the right direction! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Does any current Jackson fit these specifications?

I had an Archtop SL that fit that description (string-through, oiled neckthrough).
    Not sure who has it now.

Though I think that was a Custom Shop - Jxxxx number not JAxxxx like the other Archtops.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

He said not to mention CS!

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

the SLATQH

http://www.onlinestagegear.com/pics-...slatQH-ASB.jpg

oiled neck, stringthru, all that stuff you mentioned.. but only 22 frets [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

[ May 11, 2003, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Lev ]

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

thats not CS.. its a production model.

Comment

Either the SLSMG or the SlatQH.

Matt

Comment

Oooh, the SLATQH sounds pretty tempting! If that were available with 24 frets and solid finishes, I'd be all over that one! And the volume knob is nicely out of the way!

Yes, I said SOLID finishes. I'm not too partial to transparent finishes on my metal guitars! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I think I'll give Matt an e-mail for the price, just to see if I'm swayed by it. If the price is right, I may overlook the two missing frets and lack of solid finishes.

If SLATQH Soloists are still available, does that mean that the limit of 60 guitars for 2002 haven't been met yet? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It's 2003, and this model is still available; that's why I was wondering.

Comment

yeah they should still available, I see dealers get a new one or two every now and then (in recent weeks)..

Comment

How bout an slmsg.Here are the specs:Jackson SLMSG E-Guitar, Mahogany with Carved Top,Neck-Through-Body Mahogany with Satin Finish with RosewoodFretboard, 24 Frets, 2 EMG® HZ, JT390 Tunamatic Bridgewith Strings-Through-Body, 3 way switch, Hardware black.

Comment

Working...
                    X