X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinion on Charvel 475

hello everybody ,
    i am new to this forum.
    i am about to buy a Charvel 475 in the price of 400 euros .
    it seem to be in a fine condition and not played alot.
    what do you think of this gtr? does she worth the money?

thanks....
    so what ?

That sounds high for a 475, but I don't know what their availability in EU is.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

so it is a cheap model , right?
      and i guess its made in japan.
      there aren't many in europe for sale , actually right now she is the only one.
      ok , i know that is not like "soloist" , but you compare it with a new jackson model , what model would that be?
      so what ?

Comment

I wouldn't call it a "cheap" model !
        JT-590 trem, sharkfins, JE-1200 midboost - that's not bad !!
        What model is it ? Special, Deluxe, Deluxe-Exotic ?

400 EUR is a bit high, but if you like her ...

And ... Welcome !
        uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Originally posted by Franx View Post
          What model is it ? Special, Deluxe, Deluxe-Exotic ?
          it says just 475 no special , no deluxe etc...

i love that kind of guitars , i just don't want to get something that doesn't worth it. i think thats not the case.
          its the one on the photo avatar
          thanx for the welcome!
          so what ?

Comment

I have owned my Charvel 475 Special new, since 1990. Mine came with one of the limited edition paint jobs. Black with Platinium Crackle.
            Its just had a well deserved overhaul. its been refretted, had new OFR trem fitted, and re pickup'ed with some Bare Knuckles pickups. A Nailbomb in the bridge and two Irish coils middle and neck. It may longer be original but it plays and sounds great!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/6695721...n/photostream/

Comment

400 Euro is pretty much normal price for a J/C bolt-on in Europe. Sometimes you can get them for cheaper, and sometimes the seller wants 600 or more (!). Besides, the 475 is regarded as being excellent quality and lots of guitar for the money.

Of course, you could try to haggle it down if you want to, but in my opinion, it is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                400 Euro is pretty much normal price for a J/C bolt-on in Europe.
                Is it? Having got hold of a SoCal, I've been thinking of selling my much-loved Model 4 but have been disappointed with the prices they've been going for on eBay, around 250-280 Euro (UK prices converted).

Personally, 400 Euro sounds expensive, but then again the UK pound is really low at the moment, so better to buy from the UK?

Comment

It's possible that the prices have gone down a bit lately, as people try to unload gear in times of recession. But I still see people who won't let go of stuff at anything less than 3/4 of what they paid for it new. Maybe the scandinavian region is especially weird that way though.

Comment

Originally posted by sjwebb90 View Post
                    I have owned my Charvel 475 Special new, since 1990. Mine came with one of the limited edition paint jobs. Black with Platinium Crackle.
                    Its just had a well deserved overhaul. its been refretted, had new OFR trem fitted, and re pickup'ed with some Bare Knuckles pickups. A Nailbomb in the bridge and two Irish coils middle and neck. It may longer be original but it plays and sounds great!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/6695721...n/photostream/

That's a sweet one right there!
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

I wouldn't pay that much for a modded 475.I would talk him down on that fact alone.
                      MIJ Charvels weren't cheap guitars I don't know where you heard that line.
                      Not sure if the made a string thru 475 to tell you the truth.
                      All MIJ Charvels are great guitars.Well worth the money.
                      Last edited by straycat; 12-29-2008, 12:06 AM.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I seem to recall the new RRP price back in 1990 was around £599 for a Charvel 475 Special if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                        X