Flame Inlay Fingerboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame Inlay Fingerboard

Outside of the usual ebay, etc can these still be had anyplace else? Can a jackson Dealer still get them new?

A dealer can get you anything you want, but that is going to be a custom shop deal and expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by xlr8 View Post
      A dealer can get you anything you want, but that is going to be a custom shop deal and expensive.
      I think he's more talking about the production models that had them such as the DK2FF. Now onto the question: The guitar you are looking for was discontinued a couple years back though you still see them once and a while. Used or CS are basically your only routes in this situation.

Hope I could help you.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I had one of those necks. I kept losing my place because of the flames on every fret
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You wouldn't believe the upcharge for that option on a custom shop order. It's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            I had one of those necks. I kept losing my place because of the flames on every fret
            i was thinking about that...but i noticed that the big flames are the marker for the 1/3/5... frets. but back to the main question, i dont know if you dont mind about stickers, this guy on ebay could make ya a custom inlays stickers. yeah, it is lame, but i have the jackson sharkfins for my fusion ex neck, looks pretty real until you look @ it closely (mine is a bit messed up since i'm impatient). here's the guy from ebay. just ask him to make a custom one for ya with a picture. http://myworld.ebay.com/creative-cut...MEFSX:SELLERID
            Own:
            '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
            w/e catches my eyes ATM
            More '90 Professionals

Comment

Allot easier than you think...import Jackson DKGMF i think is the call letters? Anyway... usually found in plain black, with this fretboard,
              reverse headstock...import EMG's... $699.00 Now here is mine off
              of the bay'... paid $550.00 for it with REAL EMG' in it... custom airbrush
              front and back and headstock! Plays great! Feels like a $1500.00 Jackson. Lightweight... screams with the hotter EMG's in it. So find
              one of these imports...steal the neck off of it! Sell the rest... you might
              $350 into the neck that way?

When i won this auction, i about SHIT! I think i was out a totol of $580.00 shipped and paypal'd.. My best bargain ever, the guy paid $400
              for the flame job! There is a black one..brand new at Bizarre Guitar in Phx, Arizona... still hanging there...$700.00
              Last edited by Robert Burns; 12-04-2008, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                I think he's more talking about the production models that had them such as the DK2FF.
                Correct. I don't want to go thru the custom shop if at all possible. I've seen them in the past on ebay but not for a while now. I've seen them in blonde maple as well as the rosewoord/ebony. I want a dark one.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post

Omg tell me more about that psychadelic swirly Ibanez there!! I wuld lvoe my DK2m to look similar to that! Did you do that yourself or what?

Comment

I think it's the work of Herc Fede right? Didn't he does those paint jobs for Ibanez?

http://fededesigns.com/

Comment

www.customlinlay.com

Comment

Originally posted by laihojrxo View Post
                        i was thinking about that...but i noticed that the big flames are the marker for the 1/3/5... frets.
                        Yes, they are, when you're looking at it from the front. When you're looking down from the edge, it's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

Forget side-markers as well - the flames are too distracting for me, and my eye drifts from the side-markers to the flames, and then I drift from the right frets to the wrong frets
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                          I think it's the work of Herc Fede right? Didn't he does those paint jobs for Ibanez?

http://fededesigns.com/

Herc is great...but this was some other guy Ibanez used in Ohio i think?
                          It's a limited run of about 35 worldwide.. some have said 100, but thats
                          still very limited... I'll post some more pics of others ive run across...
                          no 2 are the same..each one done by hand. I love it... especially with
                          the Christofer Woods white vine neck instead of just the JCraft dot it
                          came with !! Before.....

and after !!

Last edited by Robert Burns; 12-07-2008, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            Yes, they are, when you're looking at it from the front. When you're looking down from the edge, it's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

Forget side-markers as well - the flames are too distracting for me, and my eye drifts from the side-markers to the flames, and then I drift from the right frets to the wrong frets
                            ((( Interesting that Newc is 10 times the player i am...but i have no
                            problem getting around on this flame' neck? I just seem to 'see' where
                            7th and 10 and 12th frets are...etc... no problems! Of course im moving
                            around on the fretboard at 1/4 the speed of Newc!

Comment

Robert, I love that neck and paint on that guitar alot! I'm not much for flames, but I gotta say, you put that to good use for sure. Very cool man.

@laihojrxo, I saw those inlays before, and I really like the "Eye of Horus", and the Hetfield "Coiled Snake" inlays, like that is on the Black album alot.
                              The Iommi Crosses are equally bad ass!
                              'Howling in shadows
                              Living in a lunar spell
                              He finds his heaven
                              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                              X