Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all... New intro here

Hey all here from Portland Oregon area.

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Just got my first 6 string about a month and a half ago. Didn't have a lot of money so I got the Dinky DXMG.

I know it's not the best, but it's good enough to learn on. Besides, I already have plans for tweeking it and making it better.
    Last edited by RickBlacker; 12-05-2008, 11:29 AM.
    Jackson DXMG Bridge - ToneZone Neck - Air Norton
    Line6 POD X3
    Boss Distortion DS-1
    Boss Loop Station RC-2
    Boss Chorus CE-5
    Peavey ValveKing 100w half stack

Welcome mate! Not all of us in here can afford the best USA gear, but the imports are great guitars too, I love mine! And they can be modded nicely too using parts from people like Budman68 (fretsonthenet.com) so enjoy your DXMG.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Welcome. I'd say that's a pretty good guitar to start on....you should've seen the gear I started on. A Washburn Lyon made of plywood and a 50 watt yamaha practice amp that cut in and out. Of course, that was 15 years ago...

Comment

Welcome bro!

My first was a Sears catalog special...I still have that POS, but my daughter is now learning on it!
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Welcome!

I am a drummer who, over the past 20 years (more off than on) have been in bands where I picked up basic stuff from my guitar-playing bandmates...fifths, palm-muting, chords, etc, so I am no guitarist.

I have been playing on my 1987 Bently Series 10, which is not nearly as nice as your Jackson. Just scored my first Charvel, a model 3 that is sitting next to me getting acclamated to the house temp after completing its journey from NY...haven't even opened the case yet...arrrggghhhh. So, I have joined the ranks of wanna-be Charvel/Jackson player myself

Again, welcome...this has been a great place for me thus far!

Comment

Hey RickBlacker. Welcome. Lately I've been playing a used burnt cherry sunburst DXMGT and it's a pretty decent little guitar (although I HATE the emg hz's -- plan to switch those for an SD Jazz and JB). The neck plays great.

Comment

Welcome to the fun!
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Welcome to the madness!~

I started with a discount store special (thing had a neck like a baseball bat!), and when my folks got tired of me blasting it full volume through the reel-to-reel set monitor, they bought me a *monster* Kalamazoo Reverb 10.
                WarPig____________________________________________
                "Live every day as if it were your last...
                ...one day it will be."

Comment

Welcome!
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I have an old Kustom SS amp. It was built back in 1969. It was my grandfathers, I also have his Mosrite. I would say that guitar is probably the same age as the amp..

I used to have an Ibanez bass years ago, but sold it while i was in college.
                    Line6 POD X3
                    Boss Distortion DS-1
                    Boss Loop Station RC-2
                    Boss Chorus CE-5

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
                      Hey RickBlacker. Welcome. Lately I've been playing a used burnt cherry sunburst DXMGT and it's a pretty decent little guitar (although I HATE the emg hz's -- plan to switch those for an SD Jazz and JB). The neck plays great.
                      Yeah I'm planning on swapping out my Hz as well.
                      Line6 POD X3
                      Boss Distortion DS-1
                      Boss Loop Station RC-2
                      Boss Chorus CE-5

Comment

Welcome to the forums!
                        "POOP"

Comment

Howdy!

Comment

Originally posted by RickBlacker View Post
                            I have an old Kustom SS amp. It was built back in 1969. It was my grandfathers, I also have his Mosrite. I would say that guitar is probably the same age as the amp..

I used to have an Ibanez bass years ago, but sold it while i was in college.
                            Wow. You could probably sell the Mosrite on Ebay and buy a USA Jackson, especially if it's the model Johnny Ramone used
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X