Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of u know how to get the stink out of a stinky guitar case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    Do any of u know how to get the stink out of a stinky guitar case?
    Yes, take the ESPee out of it
    Sorry, couldn't resist I have nothing against ESP btw and have a few myself but this was just too easy
    :ROTF:Sorry, but I liked that one.

I'd throw in a few pairs of your old ladie's used panties in there. (although it may require only one).
    That way every time you open your case, you'll get a huge whiff of muff. And nothing like havin your guitar smell like pussy either!
    Hahaha!
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Ifs it smellz like fishes, it's teh dishez.

Ifs it smellz like colognes, leave it alonezzzz!!!
      There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Put about three tablespoons of *ground* coffee (the stronger, the better) in a piece of fabric. If you can get 1/2 leg of your girlfriend's panty hose (or if you're a male perv and have an old, clean pair), put it in that and tie of the end: easy clean-up! Then, just toss the coffee sachet into the case with the guitar, and leave it there for a few days. If need be, dump the old coffee and add new, repeat.

OR, go to a pet store that sells aquarium supplies, buy a replacement "pre-filled carbon filter sack". It contains a high-grade charcoal that will absorb the odors. Expect to pay $7 - $10 for it (or buy a jar of activated charcoal and do the pantyhose trick).

Some people gag at the smell of coffee, or hate it - the activated carbon should leave no smell at all.

+1 on minimal Febreze - it works, but it will smell like a funeral home if you use too much!

There's also a spray called "Citrus Magic" for pet odors. The Citrus Magic air freshener itself is amazing - it will eliminate the worst bathroom stench almost immediately - so even though I haven't tried the pet spray on a case, I've no reason to think it wouldn't work. Just don't overdo it, or your axe will smell like an orange peel!
        WarPig____________________________________________
        "Live every day as if it were your last...
        ...one day it will be."

Comment

Have your cat or dog neutered. Then it won't piss in your case
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Apparently Baking soda works really well. sprinkle in , leave for a while and then vacuum it out. Kim and Aggie (UK will know, US will have to google) use it all the time on their TV show

Comment

It should be noted that you should only use the coffee in its ground/dry state, not liquified, and don't use the used (wet) grounds from the coffee-maker.

Does Folgers still make those ready-made coffee-in-the-filter things? Those might work cheaper than charcoal filters and vaccuuming out coffee grounds.

Or you could leave it alone and enjoy the aroma of playing in bars. Impress your friends with wild tales of long nights in a crowded, smelly, cheap dive where you honed your awesome skills in your youth
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Get some of that carpet freshener stuff with baking soda in it. Sprinkle it all over the inside of the case and then close it and let it sit for a day or so. Then vacuum up all the carpet freshener.

Fabreeze helps ... but only on the surface ... the carpet freshener stuff gets down in there.
                Dave

Comment

lol...

I remember this really stinky acoustic at my school.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Go to your local pet store and get some charcoal filters for fish tanks or cat litter boxes.
                    I had a Flying V case that smelled like a wet ash tray. I sprayed that sucker with Fabreeze, let it sit open in the sun for two days, then used charcoal chips that I use for my aquarium. Worked like a charm.

P.S. If you own a cat and you decide to leave your case open, they WILL piss in the case.
                    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                      P.S. If you own a cat, they WILL piss in or on anything you own.

There, fixed the typo for ya
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have no idea what Jackson uses in their cases, but every time I open it, it smells like the day I got it. I love it.

Baking soda would be my choice if it stunk though.

Comment

Canned ozone works fast and well for most stenches without the messy clean up.

Comment

case

beer and sweat is better than urine.
                            I got a case a number of years ago that smelled like a cat was living in it.
                            febreeze didnt work , "urine be gone" almost got it out...
                            eventually I got rid of the case.

with sweat being a bodily function.. try urine be gone,
                            leaving it sit open works well with cig/bar smell...

Comment

I have had this problem on a number of occations. I tried air freshiner/fabreeze etc. and that really did not work. It just made the thing smell like flowery arse. I ended up throwing out the case. Next case this came up with was soiled with cat pee - I tried evrrything and ended up throwing that one out too (no - pet order nuetralizer did not work).

I really do not like anything about coffee so this is out for me. However, the last time this came up - case was a brand new G&G but really-really saterated with smoke. Sprinked baking soda and let is sit, vacum out. Repeated 3 times and then left the case open in the corner of a finished (read: not wet/musty) basement for a long time (like 3-4 months). It is completely deorderoized now.
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I really dont see what the problem is anyway. A "wet ashtray" smells awesome. Like a "dirty arse", or a "fishy fanny".
                                Last edited by MartinBarre; 12-11-2008, 03:03 PM.
                                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X