Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Roman...

Friend or foe?

I've read a lot about the guy (here and elsewhere). Seems he's either loved or hated.

Evidently, he's true Vegas (whether that's good or bad, I don't know), quite a character.

Reason I'm asking: I'm considering calling him about one of his aluminum Roswells (sorry guys, yeah, I know most of you hate them, and the one production one I have neck dives, but I *like* the looks of it!). If the general consensus is he's bad news, I'll bide my time and see if once shows up somewhere.

Be honest - what kind of person is he to do a business deal with?

Thanks!
    WarPig____________________________________________
    "Live every day as if it were your last...
    ...one day it will be."

From what I've heard, dealing with Ed Roman is about as fun as gutting a live chicken.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I'm assuming that you want to hear from those who have actually done business with him right, not heresay?

I havent dealt with him, but I've good and bad, so proceed with caution..
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I emailed him once when I took exception to one of his "rant" entries. He responded back and basically told me to "shut the f*#k up!" A real nice guy....huh? NOT!!!!

He is an arrogant a$$hole that claims to have invented everything including the wheel, states he knows everyone and does EVERYTHING better than everyone else including ALL guitar manufacturers. But don't let me sway you....
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

I met him in Vegas and he treated me just fine even gave me a tour of the shop.
          He is way overpriced on his guitars for the most part.He does have a separate room with artists guitars that is way cool.
          I bought 6 OFR's at a decent price so not a bad experience for me.
          His staff was quite friendly tho'.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by WarPig View Post
            Friend or foe?

I've read a lot about the guy (here and elsewhere). Seems he's either loved or hated.

Evidently, he's true Vegas (whether that's good or bad, I don't know), quite a character.

Reason I'm asking: I'm considering calling him about one of his aluminum Roswells (sorry guys, yeah, I know most of you hate them, and the one production one I have neck dives, but I *like* the looks of it!). If the general consensus is he's bad news, I'll bide my time and see if once shows up somewhere.

Be honest - what kind of person is he to do a business deal with?

Thanks!
            War Pig...that's a tough one! I've dealt with him numerous times. Still a tough one!

I bought a trans green KV2 from him several years ago. That guitar was incredible! And a price that couldn't be beat. Had his outfit do a graphic on another KV2 that I have. The graphic is incredible...but he had my guitar for nine months! I wasn't too happy about that!

I've ordered parts from him a couple of times. The first time, he sent my parts to another customer and I got that customer's parts. It wouldn't be bad...but I had the other customer's credit card number and I'm sure that he had mine. Not good.

The other time I ordered parts...no problem.

If you actually want to talk to him...that can be hit or miss. Sometimes he's pretty cool, other times....well, not so cool. He's always trying to do it all himself, so he gets stretched pretty thin. That'll make anyone a bit gruff with people.

I've dealt with them numerous times and I've never been out-and-out fucked by the guy. In fact, when they messed up my parts order, the shipping guy called me personally to apologize. Ed's wife had reamed him a new one after I sent her an email about it.

As a result, I still give him the benefit of the doubt. He's usually got very good stuff and his online prices are very good.

PM me if you want anymore info. Good Luck. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
              I'm assuming that you want to hear from those who have actually done business with him right, not heresay?

I havent dealt with him, but I've good and bad, so proceed with caution..

That's right. There's plenty of hearsay; that's why I'm askin'!
              ...one day it will be."

Comment

Just take a look through this board,, there's plenty of info,, and most of it is not hearsay.

Comment

I've personally dealt with him a couple times and have had good experiences. He does think he knows it all, but if you are spending money he'll treat you decent. Since he is a bullshitter himself, he can smell bullshit a mile away and if he thinks you are wasting his time in any way he'll blow you off on short order.

He also knows exactly what he has and wants top dollar for it.
                  You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                  You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                  --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                  --horns666 - 12/29/08
                  I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                  --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Thanks guys!

From your replies, it sounds like Ed is a shrewd businessman, but basically honest.

I won't know if I can afford the Roswell until after tax time (2009), but at least I can start saving pennies.
                    ...one day it will be."

Comment

Thanks guys!

From your replies, it sounds like Ed is a shrewd businessman, but basically honest.

I won't know if I can afford the Roswell until after tax time (2009), but at least I can start saving pennies.
                      No he is not honest and he misrepresents his products all the time. He burned me really good in the East Coast Music Mall days. Wait till a Roswell shows up on Ebay.

Comment

Ed Roman is not honest, for the love of pete, he's deceitful and rude. Ask Ron about it all...
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Absolutely not honest... He tried to fuck my friend on a price of a Tacoma Koa Acoustic.

-Nate
                          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

He's a liar and forger.

Lots of hearsay about the man but most people are unhappy with him and his practices.

Comment

I saw someone that had an aluminum RR on line just recently. It was one if the Texas dealers listed on Robin Guitar's web site. I will check to see which one and let you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X