No announcement yet.

Ed Roman...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, Axewielder. Something about that just doesn't seem right. I'm not sure what but it just is strange...
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
      I agree, Axewielder. Something about that just doesn't seem right. I'm not sure what but it just is strange...
      Very strange. I mean, if you're going to put a counterfeit decal on, why not the more familiar "made in USA" on the front of the headstock?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        I dealt with him personally at NAMM several years ago...

Muahahhahahahahaha!

Please share.
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
          Please share.
          +1

I've heard it was "interesting" to say the least.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
            +1

I've heard it was "interesting" to say the least.

Yeah whenever Ed Roman threads pop up people always say to look his name up.. I doubt the original thread starters do, but I end up looking him up and I always read that people go off on him.. I need details. :ROTF:
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by WarPig View Post
              Friend or foe?

I've read a lot about the guy (here and elsewhere). Seems he's either loved or hated.

Evidently, he's true Vegas (whether that's good or bad, I don't know), quite a character.

Reason I'm asking: I'm considering calling him about one of his aluminum Roswells (sorry guys, yeah, I know most of you hate them, and the one production one I have neck dives, but I *like* the looks of it!). If the general consensus is he's bad news, I'll bide my time and see if once shows up somewhere.

Be honest - what kind of person is he to do a business deal with?

Thanks!
              I worked for Ed as a builder in 2003-2004 and know he trolls forums all the time, posing as someone just starting to play or being "uninformed". I will bet you he's on here too! I'm just getting back into the Charvel/Jackson scene but he can't be the best place to buy your custom Jacksons from-
              http://www.myspace.com/dannyjoecarterband
              http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyjoecarter

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyjoe Carter View Post
                I worked for Ed as a builder in 2003-2004 and know he trolls forums all the time, posing as someone just starting to play or being "uninformed". I will bet you he's on here too! I'm just getting back into the Charvel/Jackson scene but he can't be the best place to buy your custom Jacksons from-
                Interesting, do tell more.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  Interesting, do tell more.
                  Well there are many aspects to the whole thing. I had never heard of him before he came to Vegas. I built custom guitars off and on for years and one of my former clients told me about his place and I took a look. I didn't really plan I getting a job there but got one.

It was a mess back then an Ed was very unstable and manic. He closed up shop in Conniticut and was way under budget for what he was trying to do.
                  He and I butted heads right away. I had to watch him all the time over money and he was always trying to short my paycheck. I was NEVER paid fairly for what I did for him.

As for the building it was 50/50. Some of the finest craftsmanship I had ever seen on some and others just shit. We turned out a lot of garbage back then too. Truely "polishing a turd" from after market companies and then slapping an Ed Roman sticker on it and selling it for $1200-1800.00.
                  Ed himself couldn't even operate a bandsaw ( he doesn't build anything ) but out-sourced to some serious craftsmen so like I said its a 50/50 crap shoot as to what you'd get.

I just feel he doesn't have to bullshit so much. I'm old school and feel your honor and word are part of your charactor and thats how people will remember you. I still do handshake deals and look a man straight in the eye and give my word and get it done. I've taught my two boys the same principles. I walk anywhere I want and not fear anyone because I'm stand up about everything I do and never worry about someone retaliating against me for doing them wrong. Ed can't do that and lives in fear.

So anyway, there's a little me and Ed trivia.

Comment

Some of the biggest businessmen have the worst personality disorders.
                    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

I guess what everyone here wants to know more about are the fake BC rich's and J/C's.

Comment

Ed Roman is known as a snake and a theif from coast to coast. I've never dealt with him myself, though I almost checked out his shop when I was in Vegas in 2005, but I didnt have the time.

Im sure there is some amount of hearsay and exaggeration about the guy, but you dont get shit on by every guitar board and sued by guitar manufacturers if there's not some truth to it.

What I can say is this. Even if only 1/10 of the crap I've heard about Ed Roman is true, there are too many other shop owners and builders out there with excellent reputations to even bother risking a deal with Ed Roman.

-Steve
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

I met him and was in his CT shop. He is a piece of shit and a liar and a scumbag. He ripped off my friend when he did a finish job on his pre '95 PRS. My friend had him remove the ugly finish and Ed kept the bridge and replaced it with a cheaper one . You know one of those bridges he sells for a premium on his site? I was in another room trying out the steinbergers so he my friend and I got separated, but every time I was with Ed he tried to lay some lines on my and I through them back at him. Everything that comes out of his mouth is either a lie, bullshit, or some sort of hype about himself or his products which are nothing more than his versions of well know brands...usually one he got caught copying. He is well know for taking low level brands and repainting them and applying logos and selling them again. That is how he gets caught. Avoid at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            I guess what everyone here wants to know more about are the fake BC rich's and J/C's.
                            There are a ton of them out there ( bc rich ) period. Ed has lots of guys with CNCs and master carvers to produce anything you want. He will never tell you, no I don't have that or I can't get that.
                            Also he always does the bait and switch routine. Like I said, he lives in fear and with constant anxiety attacks to the point he almost passes out. His house is like a fortess because he's afraid of people out to get him. What a life huh??

Comment

Did you guys ever find any pictures of the "replica" guitars ed roman was making?

Does this mean he is still building them, or is this an outdated page?

edit: http://www.edroman.com/guitars/jackson/tour.htm
                              Last edited by phill_up; 12-28-2008, 09:30 PM.

Comment

He is NOT a nice guy. Avoid him.

Comment

Working...
                                X