Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy this 650XL??

Hi all

I have found a 650XL, it’s white with the distressed desert crackle effect. Looks as near as mint as it could be from what I can tell. The seller wants £600 for it (about $885 US) I think this is quite price. Do you agree? What tends to be the going rate? Are they a rare guitar? Or are they quite easy to get hold of?
    My aim is to get a 650XL and a 750XL. Is it worth getting both? Or should I just hold out for the 750XL?

Man that's tough to say from this side of the pond JFK
    These are nice axes, but pretty much go for Model 6 prices over here, which can vary quite a bit depending on condition/GAS levels, etc... (400-650 USD is a fairly good guess, IMO)
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

That would be a crazy high price for the US.

Yes you need both a Model 6 / 650XL and a 750XL. Two very different guitars even though they aren't bolt-on.

Comment

Well, I agree on the high price. It's in Germany. Those guys like a hard sell!

My dilema is now as follows..

I currently have a Mark 4 which needs a lot of TLC. I also have a Mark 5 which needs some TLC. I have just bought EMG 81TW and 89 and an afterburner (AB) for the M5 along with a brand new Kahler 7300 to replace the old one. I was also planning to get a 'sick' paint job done aswell with a guy I know who sprays sports cars. So that would be rather nice when finished.

I have just spotted this 650XL, and a friend of mine has just pointed out and absolutely as new (one owner) M5 that is the same as mine but with a floyd!

Now I'm just wondering what the hell do I do??

Comment

If the M5 has a real OFR put in, then go for that - but otherwise I'd give the nod to the 650XL. The 650 has the JT-590 trem that is made by Schaller; high quality and easy to get new parts for.

Comment

I wouldn't buy it soley based on the toothpaste logo. Don't like the logo - could be a killer guitar, but I'd never know.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

The short answer is - I'm not buying any of them! Can't justify it at the moment, and I'm quite looking foward to doing up my M5 anyway. Also, personally don't like floyds. Not old ones anyway!
              However, if a 750XL turned up tomorrow, I'd be all over it!

Comment

Good choice, keep what you have, and hotrod it to your taste and playing style, cause you'll probably be much happier.
                Maybe seel that and use it to fund your next purchase?

+1 on putting a 7330 on that, I think that would be a nice touch, and probably something that I would also think heavily on, if it were mine.
                Post pics when you're done as well, cause we all enjoy photos!
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven
                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Metalchurch79 - "+1 on putting a 7330 on that"

Come again? I'm a bit rubbish with guitar shorthand and what not. Been out of the game for a long time!

Were you referring to my newly purchased 7300 Kahler trem?
                  Last edited by JFK; 12-12-2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Just to give you an idea on the price I bought a new Model 6 back in the day with case for around $850.

Comment

Working...
                    X