Newbie from D.C. area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from D.C. area

Howdy folks. I've already posted in a few areas, but realized I hadn't introduced myself. From 1984-2003 I've played fairly consistently, more so when I was in the military and during college in the 1986-1996. My first guitar was an Aria Pro II ZZ Deluxe, Gibson Explorer take off. Second was a Yamaha SE 250. I didn't like the elctroics so I swapped them out with Di'Marzio Hot Blades. Finally, I was at a Guitar Center in San Diego and saw my present Jackson hanging on the wall. Love at first site. It's been my main guitar ever since. I still own the other two as well. I still have a Peavey Backstage Plus that I have owned since 1985. Killer amps. I have a few pedals as well. Anyway, I hope I didn't go overboard. I've been looking at this site for a while and I'm glad I'm finally here. Peace.

Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Welcome! Don't upset the old fogies and you'll do fine.

Scott

Comment

I still have my first Aria Pro II and it's a keeper.

San Dieigo to Washington? Sounds like me from LA to Cinci.

Comment

Welcome mate.
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

welcome home .
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

welcome bro.

Comment

Welcome! And yeah, pics please!

Comment

Howdy!

Comment

Hey , Hi, Hello.

Comment

Welcome..
                    Where in the DC area are you from?
                    I am outside of Leesburg...
                    http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Thanks for 'hello's'

Originally posted by ///MK View Post
                      Welcome..
                      Where in the DC area are you from?
                      I am outside of Leesburg...
                      I'm in Germantown, MD. I wonder how many more of us there are in this area?

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                      Welcome mate.
                      Thanks. Beleive it or not, I was born in Dunoon. I left when I was one. Went back for honeymoon staynig over on the Kintyre (?) Peninsula.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      I still have my first Aria Pro II and it's a keeper.

San Dieigo to Washington? Sounds like me from LA to Cinci.
                      I haven't played my Aria in a looong time.
                      Cross country trips/long distance... the sad thing is that was just one of several similar trips...

Oh yeah, I'm gonna try and upload some pics for your viewing pleasure soon.
                      Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

welcome fella DC newb...
                          while you've passed college a long time ago, i'm still stuck there...being broke sucks x_x
                          i live in silver spring, go to MC, then UMD after
                          Own:
                          '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                          w/e catches my eyes ATM
                          More '90 Professionals

Comment

I live in Germantown too, small world Where at?

Originally posted by wetrx95 View Post
                            I'm in Germantown, MD. I wonder how many more of us there are in this area?

Thanks. Beleive it or not, I was born in Dunoon. I left when I was one. Went back for honeymoon staynig over on the Kintyre (?) Peninsula.

I haven't played my Aria in a looong time.
                            Cross country trips/long distance... the sad thing is that was just one of several similar trips...

Oh yeah, I'm gonna try and upload some pics for your viewing pleasure soon.

Comment

Toys

OK. Here we go folks. Hopefully these aren't too big as I don't want to take up too muc space. Also the Aria and Yamaha are NOT pics of my guitars. I found them on the net. However, pretty much everything you see is what they actually look like with minor exceptions.

This is my Aria Pro II ZZ Deluxe. I bought this in 1985. Only change wa trem swap to a floating Kahler.

Next up is my Yamaha SE 250. One of the selling points was it's paint job. Swapped out the humbucker for a Di'Marzio of some kind..:think:

Finally, the shredder. This is my 1987/88 San Dimas Jackson. It is my pride and joy and basically the best playing guitar I have ever played.

So, that's everything for the time being. If you have questions or comments, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X