Jackson PC1 neck profile???? finish??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PC1 neck profile???? finish??

Hello all, I dont get around the JCF like I used to, but I do check in from time to time. I am currently thinking about getting a Jackson PC1, and I have never played one. (no jackson dealers near me) and I am curious about the neck profile compared to a soloist. I have several SL2H's and I really like them, but was thinking the PC1 would be something a bit different, and I like the idea of the sustainer. what can you folks tell me about them? And, are the necks on the PC1 oiled or urethane finish? I cant tell from photos.

and If I do get one, I am really torn on what color. the new Chameleon really dont impress me. I like the chlorine, purple daze, and the mocha color. The redrum is cool, but dont jump out at me. any ideas??

I would be thankful for any info you folks can provide! thanks!
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

i have 2 soloists and 2 PC-1s. not even close on neck profile. the PC-1 is like a baseball bat sliced in half. it is very thick, but wonderfully comfortable and easy to play. to me, it is EASIER to play than a soloist.

i have a solar and a euphoria. if i were buying a new one today, i'd get another solar. the chlorine is too blue now, i don't like purple daze, and i am not a fan of black. now if the chlorine was the way it USED to be - then HELL YEAH, get chlorine - but, sadly, it isn't. it is much more of a blue burst to me....

ha, not much help on color, but i'd go solar.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

oh, the neck is totally raw. it feels killer. both of mine are olied now from had grease. they play AWESOMELY.

oh, and the sustainer is a sustainer. it is fun for the first week, then you kinda get over it. i worked in to a couple of songs, but mostly use it when recording.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

On color, I'm partial to Purple Daze. Thats what I bought mine in
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I am considering a purple daze one now. dang, there are almost too many colors to choose from. the mocha is neat, its classy, but kinda boring at the same time. I just dont know....... the color is always the toughest choice.

Comment

The fat neck scares me off.

Comment

PC-1 hast the best neck out of any stock jacksons... the best sound too
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                The fat neck scares me off.
                Thats the part that scares me. I really want to know what the neck is like.

Comment

anyone else have any input on the necks on these PC1's??? I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Neck Dimensions: 3rd Fret: .825 in., 12th Fret: .890 in. I agree they feel great, but only if you like a beefier neck..

Comment

I am so used to the soloist neck that I wonder if I will be OK with it......

I hear some people say its thicker than a soloist, but thinner than other stuff out there. like "not as fat as a a strat neck or Gibson neck"...... I dont know..... the PC1 neck sounds pretty beefy to me with those dimensions.

Comment

You should prolly find one and try it first then mate!

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
                          You should prolly find one and try it first then mate!
                          I would love to, but the nearest Jackson dealer is 500 miles away from me.

we have one 30 miles away that stocks Jackson imports, but they just dont have any call for USA models in that store, so I cant really try one.....

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
                            Neck Dimensions: 3rd Fret: .825 in., 12th Fret: .890 in.
                            While I've never tried a PC1, I do own a Mark Morton Dominion, and its neck is thicker than the PC1. Its specs are... 3rd Fret: .910", 12th Fret: .950"

I've got hands on the smaller side, but I find it very comfortable to play. The PC1 is probably a little rounder on the back shape, though. A thicker neck is more natural for your grip, and your hand won't cramp up quick like it would on a thinner neck.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

one guy at a music store I called told me it was similar to the soloist neck, just that its thicker. more of a "C" shape to it, so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                              X