No announcement yet.

Jackson PC1 neck profile???? finish??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, C shape is a little rounder. The Morton feels more like a bigger "speed neck" D shape to me, just thicker.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've owned both Soloist and PC1s.. the PC neck is MUCH larger and I have small hands and still found it more comfortable to play the PC1. The only thing I'd change on a PC1 is the neck joint, I'd prefer to see it trimmed down/scalloped a bit..bit it still wasn't a deal breaker.
      DiMarzio Endorsee
      www.dimarzio.com
      Morley Endorsee
      www.morley.com
      "Intelli-Shred" author
      www.myspace.com/intellishred
      NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Love my PC-1 neck. The closest I have to compare to a soloist is my 86' Model 6. Both guitars are great. I was also afraid of the stouter neck on the PC-1 at first, but once I got it I never looked back.

Cheers,
        Chris

Comment

It sure is a fat neck but very nice. Why dont you just buy one from somewhere like musiciansfriend or something and if you dont like it just send it back. Thats what I had to do because no one stocks them around me......but I am not sending it back!

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
            Hello all, I dont get around the JCF like I used to, but I do check in from time to time. I am currently thinking about getting a Jackson PC1, and I have never played one. (no jackson dealers near me) and I am curious about the neck profile compared to a soloist. I have several SL2H's and I really like them, but was thinking the PC1 would be something a bit different, and I like the idea of the sustainer. what can you folks tell me about them? And, are the necks on the PC1 oiled or urethane finish? I cant tell from photos.

and If I do get one, I am really torn on what color. the new Chameleon really dont impress me. I like the chlorine, purple daze, and the mocha color. The redrum is cool, but dont jump out at me. any ideas??

I would be thankful for any info you folks can provide! thanks!
            Well I'm new here but have played the PC model a couple times. The neck is probably the "thickest" I've seen on a Jackson and feels like it is either satin finished or hand rubbed.
            The overall guitar is amazing though and I love the finish - can't be beat. I personally love the Redrum finish!
            I'm sure someone will jump in here that actually owns one and give a more detailed review!
            http://www.myspace.com/dannyjoecarterband
            http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyjoecarter

Comment

Working...
            X